so let's talk metal max returns...

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 60390 times) 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Re: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2007, 01:29:09 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
By the way, getting a bit off-topic, if you loved Metal Max Returns and have a PS2, you'll certainly adore Metal Saga! It was officially released in the US last year, and while the graphics are a bit outdated for the system (hey, if you care about graphics, why are you playing MMR? =P), it's still great!

I noticed LOTS of similarities with MMR, and many of the in-game music themes are updated/remixed versions of the SNES prequel ones. The BS-Con is called Satcom in Metal Saga, and has a few more options, but it's still quite similar.

Oh, and the interface is a lot better than MMR's. =P
IP Logged

« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2007, 02:14:37 PM » by sss
similarities...that's because it's the same series XD
IP Logged

« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2007, 02:36:12 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Well of course, but there are sequels that change everything. Even though the hero's father (who I'd guess is the hero of MMR) is said to have destroyed WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD! Noah (spoiler, highlight at your own risk), this one isn't a clear-cut sequel, as the world and places are different. Sort-of like Final Fantasy, but with more shared elements, without necessarily being the continuation of all aspects of the SNES game.
IP Logged

« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2007, 02:53:07 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
I don't remember that part about MS, actually... I just remember the hero's father in MS being a generic great hunter.... *grumble* Gid put in a spoiler tag just for things like this and I don't know how to use it. I'm going to switch to the other thread. ;)

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2007, 11:57:11 PM » by Tristan Kain
  I have no idea if this should go here or in the spoiler thread, but I'm torqued off now.  Where can I find some Injection Birds?  They've been my bounty for three or four levels because I can't $@#%^$%^ find any of them!
IP Logged

« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2007, 01:42:20 AM » by Novacat
meh, if its been a few levels I'm about 99% sure that as soon as you kill even one they'll announce its been over all along...

I gave up on that back on frogmen, just didn't seem worth the hassle compared to just fighting some more...
IP Logged

« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2007, 04:08:23 AM » by Tristan Kain
meh, if its been a few levels I'm about 99% sure that as soon as you kill even one they'll announce its been over all along...

I gave up on that back on frogmen, just didn't seem worth the hassle compared to just fighting some more...

Oh, I -know- it'll be over as soon as I kill one.  The chance at triple cash on a lucrative target for a level seems worth the hassle; I've noticed that the reward per kill is typically twice their normal cash drop.
C'mon, Golden Ants...
IP Logged

« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2007, 05:30:30 AM » by Liana Lens Comrade
I had the best chance finding injection birds at the top of one of the apartment buildings in Port Slum (the short one with the guy talking about the old civilization).

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2007, 07:09:22 AM » by Xeno
I'm almost through the enitre game and I've seen a few things...

I was just messing around and this happened afer I picked it up and tossed it.
I can't remember where this happened...maybe in that ghost base...

I tried to rename my Tiger in port slum and this happened, I freaked out at first untill I went outside and everything went back to normal. I think it's a patch issue...couldn't rename my tank anyway...

I think Kirby put on a little weight...
IP Logged

« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2007, 08:26:45 PM » by Tristan Kain
I had the best chance finding injection birds at the top of one of the apartment buildings in Port Slum (the short one with the guy talking about the old civilization).

Thanks anyways, stumbled across one outside of Freeza.  Although the roof at Port Slum would explain why I was looking for them since I got to Audrey...
IP Logged

« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2007, 01:29:09 PM » by sss
forgot which thread i raised this.... but the attack with personal weapon inside vehicle? just managed to do this with the mechanic in the buggy... could be vehicle dependent...
IP Logged

« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2007, 02:53:08 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
I've a question: is the damage of special shells (independently of their particular properties) linked to the power of the main gun that fires them and the skill of the character doing so? I guess so, but I want some confirmation.
IP Logged

« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2007, 09:08:33 PM » by Big Z
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 12:38:22 AM by Big Z »
A couple questions here.

1) Why are Walgeryo's Flunkies so damn hard to kill? Is the crap they inject themselves with some kind of healing gunk? I've shot them eight ways to Sunday with my tank and they won't go down.

2) What's the deal with Beetla? I'm guessing that Blinding Light it shines at you reduces your damage, but I've also noticed it uses that extremely damaging Fang attack after awhile... when it gets low on health? I honestly don't know.

1*) The secret to beating them is, apparently, liberal use of your main cannon. Don't hesitate to just blast their blocks off; you can resupply between this fight and the battle against Walgeryo's Tank.  As for that fight, the trick is the Hypno-Gas Shell. Seriously. Plug Walgeryo's Tank with them until he starts getting a good nose full of the stuff and he'll spend more of the fight asleep than awake, leaving you wide open to whittle his health away to nothing and finish off his Flunky at will.

2*)The Beetla will use the Fang attack when its health hits a certain point, but also stops using the Fang attack when its health hits another certain point.
IP Logged

« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2007, 11:21:32 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
forgot which thread i raised this.... but the attack with personal weapon inside vehicle? just managed to do this with the mechanic in the buggy... could be vehicle dependent...

well I tested this with every tank other then wolf and tiger so far only the buggy lets you do that
IP Logged

« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2007, 12:12:08 AM » by Big Z
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 11:34:46 AM by Big Z »
About using the personal menu inside a vehicle: You can use items that directly effect the driver (IE: Healing Capsule, Gas Mask) but not attack or offensive items (except in the case of the Buggy it seems).

Edit: I should amend this a bit. The personal menu within a vehicle allows you to use anything that wouldn't require physical interaction with things outside of the vehicle. You could, for example, make a character swallow a Healing Capsule or use the BS-Con (once you find the Laser program)*, but not throw Hand Grenades or Rocket Fireworks or use his/her personal attack. The exception to the above is the Buggy^.

*: Thanks to Arle for the tip.
^: An observation made by Chaostic.
IP Logged

(Read 60390 times) 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to: