so let's talk metal max returns...

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10987 Posts, 530 Topics, 743 Members, Latest Member: brbrafns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 58364 times) 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Re: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2007, 03:05:09 AM » by jtrainor
Okay, I'll bite. Where the christ is Mr. Kamikaze!? I've looked everywhere I could think of for him.
IP Logged

« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2007, 06:12:54 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 06:15:30 AM by Shadow »
He's hard to find. Since the answer's a spoiler, highlight at your own risk!

1) WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD! He shows up along the path down to the waterfall hideout, where it intersects with the path to Eden.
2) WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD! He has a tendency to run away, so the first thing you should do in battle is throw a Signal Transmitter at him. This way you'll be able to track him on the world map (Signal option in the BS-Con) if he manages to escape. I think the battle continues where it left off.
IP Logged

« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2007, 06:59:15 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
About using the personal menu inside a vehicle: You can use items that directly effect the driver (IE: Healing Capsule, Gas Mask) but not attack or offensive items (except in the case of the Buggy it seems).

I"ve used the BS Laser straight from the seat of the first tank. Just a note.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2007, 10:09:22 PM » by Big Z
Okay, I'll bite. Where the christ is Mr. Kamikaze!? I've looked everywhere I could think of for him.

When you do find him beware his tendency to haul ass out of combat. This may go without saying, but try and blast him into next week as quickly as possible. I managed to squeeze off a lucky crit that buried him on the first turn, but I could have easily spent God knows how long chasing him around.
IP Logged

« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2007, 05:18:43 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 03:31:55 PM by Shadow »
That's what Signal Transmitters and the Signal option in the BS-Con are for. You throw the transmitter at him, and if he escapes you should be able to pinpoint his location on the world map.

Too bad there's no such function in Metal Saga. Could definitely use it on one particular bounty monster...
IP Logged

« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2007, 07:05:58 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Now there'd be a "Fun" "Challenge" try to kill Mr. Maikaze with the BS Laser.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2007, 03:31:40 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 03:36:20 PM by Shadow »
Nearly (if not completely) impossible, since he'd escape before the laser could be fired on him. Even if it did, perhaps a single strike wouldn't be enough. =P
IP Logged

« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2007, 08:36:24 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
But ye just know some maso will do it, make a video of it and post it on YouTube.

I await this.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2007, 09:26:13 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Speaking of YouTube, I just looked up videos on Metal Max and Metal Saga. MS has a surprising amount of music from the old games - makes me want to pick it up if I have the chance. (You know every Gamestop has at least one copy somewhere.)

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2007, 09:38:01 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
It does. A lot of the music themes in Metal Saga are remixed/upgraded versions of MMR's. =D
IP Logged

« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2007, 05:45:58 PM » by Big Z
That's what Signal Transmitters and the Signal option in the BS-Con are for. You throw the transmitter at him, and if he escapes you should be able to pinpoint his location on the world map.

I did that with Dr. Rafflesia outside of Negi early in the game. Sure enough the Signal Transmitter will tell you where the target is, but not actually increase your chance of finding the target, nor will it save your damage dealt to the target. I'd go so far as to say Signal Transmitters are functionally useless since bountyheads don't wander around, it's simply a matter of random chance to encounter them again.
IP Logged

« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2007, 08:23:58 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Damn. Well, all my knowledge about the transmitters was entirely theoretical, based on others' experiences. Never tried it myself, as I beat the game before I found out about the purpose of the Signal option. =P
IP Logged

« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2007, 10:57:59 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Oh Aaaaaaaaaaaarle...

http://yokazeto.michikusa.jp/fanart.htm

scroll down :)

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2007, 01:23:40 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 01:30:21 AM by Arle »
Yeah, I'd say that's about how it looked every time i fought somethin' on foot.

Hell, there'd be times when I'd just make her hop out of the Abrams and go nuts with her held weapon, usually doin' more then her tank. (Don't ask...)

Also, I dun think it takes much effort to guess whom was swingin' the Laser Bazooka around.  >_>

I wanna do a "Solo" game with the Hunter dead and just run around blastin' everythin' with her...

And here I thought I'd get some sleep tonight...

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2007, 02:01:00 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Those pictures are delicious! Especially the Fate Testarossa one...

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

(Read 58364 times) 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to: