so let's talk metal max returns...

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10949 Posts, 520 Topics, 749 Members, Latest Member: nabycoremy

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 56114 times) 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Re: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2007, 02:25:12 AM » by sss
if you are going to use your soldier that way.. why not just stick her in the buggy instead? armored buggy with no weapon.. for example.
IP Logged

« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2007, 02:34:15 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
if you are going to use your soldier that way.. why not just stick her in the buggy instead? armored buggy with no weapon.. for example.

Because I would rather stick the silly mechanic in that dinky vehicle.

Besides, given what we have from her on the personality front, I woudn't be remotely surprised for her to get pissed, let out a slew of profanity, hop out of her tank and go competely insane on the opposition

Also: One-piece for the win.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2007, 02:05:33 PM » by sss
why hop out when one can just stand on top of the buggy and shoot with personal weapons from inside?
IP Logged

« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2007, 04:36:06 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
why hop out when one can just stand on top of the buggy and shoot with personal weapons from inside?

Clearly, this young learner hasn't completely grasped the concept of style through aggression.

My appologies, ye should understand eventually.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2007, 07:06:33 PM » by tofudragon7
I have to say, I am surprised that I only heard about this game a week ago, as it is certainly one of my favorite games ever. Here are my questions:

1) Has anyone found a way around the bug that causes the dialogue to freeze after beating Noah? I tried removing the IPS file, which worked fine until I tried to put it back afterwards and every button I pressed caused the ROM to endlessly spout "ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt..."

2) What are everyone's favorite tanks? I'm restarting the game now that I've discovered the wonders of linked autoguns, but I've been using the mosquito, tiger, and red wolf, because the white muu seemed to heavy to justify itself. My personal favorite was the wolf, because it has a lot of slots and def while staying relatively light, but I haven't heard much mention of it.

I am Zeromus. I am the hate!
IP Logged

« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2007, 07:54:54 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
1) You just have to be patient and wait (or use your emulator's fast-forward option). The cutscene eventually resumes.

2) My final tank trio was the WhiteMuu (Hunter), Abrams (Mechanic), Red Wolf (Soldier).
IP Logged

« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2007, 08:48:00 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
I'm using the Konpuku(Abrams hunter) Symphony(LEV Soldier) Messiah(WhiteMuu Mechanic) towing the ambulance the a autogon(beamblaster I think) in the S-E slot to shoot down beams as well the standard armaments
IP Logged

« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2007, 09:19:02 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
autogon
Which level of hell, might I ask, did you dig this up from?

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2007, 09:26:17 PM » by Captain Vittles ALL ABOARD THE PARTY VAN!
autogon

I don't know, but if they want it back I don't think we should argue.
IP Logged

« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2007, 10:08:53 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
autogon

I don't know, but if they want it back I don't think we should argue.
ack what a typo i meant autogun sorry
IP Logged

« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2007, 02:04:43 AM » by tofudragon7
Hell? No, it's just basic geometry. An autogon is any shape of five or more sides to which a car is forcibly affixed

I am Zeromus. I am the hate!
IP Logged

« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2007, 02:19:38 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Apparently you don't know the terror of Gon

you will soon be eaten by an orange dinosaur like thing, enjoy that

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2007, 02:59:37 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2007, 12:39:41 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 03:20:30 PM by Shadow »
A bit off-topic, and perhaps I'm just weird, but the game has spurred my interest on the Metal Max series. I love everything about it, and it's sad this is the only place I can actively discuss the games, since I assume the English-speaking community is much smaller than the Japanese one.

I got Metal Saga (PS2, came out in the US) almost immediately after beating MMR, and now that I've beaten MS... I can't play any of the other games! Metal Max 1 is in Japanese, but MMR is supposedly a remake of it, so I'm not too interested; Metal Max 2 is a different game, but still in Japanese, so it's linguistically out of my reach. Same deal with Metal Saga: Hagane no Kisetsu, for the Nintendo DS.

As for the DS version, given Metal Saga got mediocre reviews outside Japan (for the record, the game is just as awesome as MMR, or more, but apparently not made for the mainstream gamer), I doubt Metal Saga DS will ever be (officially) translated to English.

I know AGTP is technically translating Metal Max 2, but the progress meter has been stuck at 20% for God knows how long. I know a lot of projects are being worked on at the moment and I'm oblivious of MM2's priority over the rest, so it may be a long time (probably not nearly as long as Metal Saga DS, though) before we get to play it in English, unfortunately...

Again, I might be weird, but I want more Metal Max! T_T

PS: This is where Liana pops up and breathes life into our hopes. =P
IP Logged

« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2007, 02:03:33 PM » by Big Z
I'm with you 100% Shadow, it's a definite shame that Metal Max is so hard for western audiences to get. MMR was excellent if not a bit confusing at times, I'd love to open up to the whole series.
IP Logged

(Read 56114 times) 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Jump to: