so let's talk metal max returns...

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11043 Posts, 545 Topics, 780 Members, Latest Member: jnmoors01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 66384 times) 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Re: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2007, 05:18:09 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
*pops up*

*takes a deep breath*

You know, Gid did mention at one point that the DS MS game looked like it might be pretty simple to hack... I don't want to take on any projects until I finish grad school at the end of this month and find a proper job. But I'd love to do the translation for it :D

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2007, 07:38:09 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
SUPERB! =D

Now, perhaps it'd be wise to finish MM2 first. But awesome news (if they can be called news) anyway!
IP Logged

« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2007, 07:46:13 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Another possible Metal Max project? Sweet.

Now let us wait for Metal Max 2. Take your time, Gid. It'll all be worth it.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2007, 07:54:21 PM » by threetimes
More than sweet, liana, wonderful. XD.

And hi. Thought I should come to the source.
IP Logged

« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2007, 02:43:29 PM » by sss
don't know if it helps or not.. but someone's translated the ds ms into chinese already....  still bits untranslated here and there though and probably unlikely to be fixed.
IP Logged

« Reply #155 on: December 13, 2007, 06:15:09 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Huh, that's cool.. I know I've seen a lot of MMR information translated into Chinese but didn't know the DS game was being worked on.

And hi Threetimes :D

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2007, 10:33:02 AM » by threetimes
I feel a bit stupid asking this, but one thing I cannot seem to work out, is how to use the escape system from the BSCon. I press it and get the list of locations, then select one and nothing happens. Is there some trick to this?

And how do I use the Satellite Laser in a battle? Or indeed, how do I use it anywhere?

In the meantime I am going to go and dig up some more potatoes for a while and see what else I can find. I need a bit of light relief after spending the afternoon exploring every single floor of the Devil's Tower. (Found a lot of items though which was nice.)
IP Logged

« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2007, 12:32:17 PM » by Big Z
Once you get the Satellite Laser program onto your BS-Con and activate the satellite itself just use your BS-Con in a fight and wait three turns. If you've missed the satellite activation panel (on the same floor of the Broadcast Tower as the computer you swipe the Laser program from) you'll know it; the BS-Con will say something like "Even if you could use it here, it'd be pointless..." when you try and use it in a fight.
IP Logged

« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2007, 01:23:39 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
I think you've to wait four turns, not three.
IP Logged

« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2007, 04:14:15 PM » by tofudragon7
While the laser is cool, I haven't actually found a use for it, though. Most enemies fall in 1-3 turns, and by the time you get it, there's only one outdoor boss left who won't run from every battle.

I am Zeromus. I am the hate!
IP Logged

« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2007, 05:47:35 PM » by Big Z
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 01:11:44 PM by Big Z »
While the laser is cool, I haven't actually found a use for it, though. Most enemies fall in 1-3 turns, and by the time you get it, there's only one outdoor boss left who won't run from every battle.

Edit: Added spoiler tags, my bad :3
WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD! Rommel Ghost?
IP Logged

« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2007, 08:03:12 PM » by tofudragon7
Yep, I just figured I might as well try to stay away from spoilers. Also, my weapons did more damage against him than the laser. (Actually, by the time I got the laser I had weapons just as powerful)

I am Zeromus. I am the hate!
IP Logged

« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2007, 10:11:00 AM » by threetimes
Thanks guys. I finally got to see the laser in operation.  Just defended for a few turns and it wiped out a Gun Tower.  Of course, no real point since my auto guns could have done that in one go, but nice to get to see it at last. XD.

Now, what about the auto-escape?  Um, or might that be a spoiler? I could ask on the other thread if it is.
IP Logged

(Read 66384 times) 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Jump to: