major release news ~ ys 5, at long last

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Ys 5, At Long Last

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 746 Members, Latest Member: patriccrds01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 19160 times) [1] 2

Major Release News ~ Ys 5, At Long Last
« on: November 28, 2013, 02:00:13 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I must admit, I am at a loss for words writing this. Ys 5 has been a trial in so many ways and it has been in the works for so long that I don´t feel like I could do it justice in a one- or two-paragraph blurb. As such, I will let the translation speak for itself: it is without issue (that I know of), and includes some fairly substantial under-the-hood modifications to data storage and menu structures. Despite how bumpy the road has been, or perhaps because of it, I am intensely proud of this release. Enjoy!

As a further note, earlier this week XSeed Games released Memories of Celceta for the PS Vita, and their Ys releases on Steam are currently on sale. If you enjoy Ys 5 and haven´t bought any other titles in the series, please give XSeed your business. In celebration I´ve updated the translation of Ys 4 Mask of the Sun, of which Memories of Celceta is a remake. This update brings some of the terminology in line with XSeed´s version and includes various other fixes to the text, including the nasty glitchy too-long strings that erased bits of the frame.

Lastly, I´ve updated TwinBee Rainbow Bell Adventure with a minor fix to the Battle mode screen.

I´m going to attempt to keep up a bi-weekly release schedule for the foreseeable future, but I don´t like to make any hard-and-fast promises for something like this unless I´ve already got something very nearly ready for release. I think I can manage it for at least two more, though!

In any case, Ys 5 is now available. Enjoy!
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Ys 5, At Long Last
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 09:55:41 AM » by Mattman324
I didn't particularly care for YS 5, but any release is a good release, so good job!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 10:08:49 AM » by jhnmosley1980
Thanks Gideon!

I was amazed anyone was still even trying to translate this game.As for Xseed, you are right. They are, to me, Working Designs 2.0. Most people don't realize that Xseed is made up of only 10 people, and most of the staff is doing two or more roles within the company at the same time. I just bought Ys Memories of Celceta Silver Anniversary Edition yesterday and I enjoyed it so far. I heard Xseed is interested in Falcom doing another Ys game, whether it is a new game or remaking Ys V.

Anyway, thank you again Gideon. Looking forward to your next release. At long last, indeed!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 10:40:50 AM » by sinnloaze Oink Oink !
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !

You really did it, you are so F****** SKILLED !
Thank you I was waiting fo this one so much !
Keep making the world happy !!!!

THX THX THX THX THX THX THX !
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 07:26:08 PM » by RIKKERDADDY
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:34:47 PM by RIKKERDADDY »
You are giving us thirty somethings something to look forward to, every patch is as if a new snes game has been released. Thanks from the bottom of my heart and keep up the selfless work.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 02:26:54 AM » by gamerk2
*applause*
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 07:35:33 AM » by Xenovant
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 11:18:28 AM by Xenovant »
Finally!! I have been waiting for years! :P
Thanks a lot to everyone involved in the project!

I have seen a few things I think should be fixed:

1.The description of the Isios brush is... part of the desc. of the scale mail?
2.I don't know if this glitch is related to the translation or not. Near the end of the game, there are some places where part of the background disappears when you see a dialogue or open the menu. Those places are [minorspoilers] the secret base, outside the castle and the final boss [/minorspoilers].

BTW, does anyone know the use of the two brushes (the brush and the isios brush)? You can find them near the end of the game and both are in the very same room.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 12:10:14 PM » by Lucumo
Awesome, thank you a lot. This makes this week full of overtime easily forgotten =)
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 12:32:10 PM » by KingMike
So, there's a new Ys 4 patch out? Because it doesn't look like it from reading the game's page.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 11:11:29 PM » by ChrisABlair
You never disappoint, Gid. Thanks a lot, yet again!

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 04:43:15 AM » by jalebian
YESS! Faith in agtp restored. Thank you and congratulations.
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 07:19:17 AM » by jolly_old_saint
A Ys man once said forgivy, but high defense. And never pay full price for late pizza.

....Not my thing, truth be told, but congratulations. Only 33 more translations until your title changes color!

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 12:28:52 PM » by Farlight
Wow!  Congratulations Gid and the rest of AG!  High quality work as always. 

I look forward to having some time to play this over the holidays.

Question:  Are you planning to have a separate patch for the Expert version as well in the future?  Would it be difficult to work the same fixes?  Amazing work none the less!  Many, many thanks.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 03:52:00 PM » by Hiken
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

At long last, I can finally play this game. Oh boy, after all these years waiting, I can play it. I am so happy. Words cannot express my thanks. Really, you're awesome. Thank you.
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 02:16:11 PM » by Killmore Insta-death spell level 2.
Man, these last two weeks have been oldschool ARPG heaven. Heck, I wasn't even expecting the YsIVMotS refurbishing. All we need now is something involving Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, or something from the Quintet trilogy and it'll be like Christmas in December for this 90s kid.
IP Logged

(Read 19160 times) [1] 2
Jump to: