this will intrest any srw fan

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: This will intrest any SRW fan

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11017 Posts, 538 Topics, 758 Members, Latest Member: FelicaBoel

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 10658 times) [1] 2

This will intrest any SRW fan
« on: November 09, 2007, 06:05:06 PM » by Adamjirra
Shamelessly ripped from /m/, which was originally shamelessly ripped from IGN

"US, November 8, 2007 - Gamers outside of Japan may not be familiar with the Banpresto name, but in Japan, the Bandai Namco Group subsidiary is responsible for big titles like Super Robot Wars, Another Century's Episode and Magna Carta.

That's all going to change on April 1, 2008. Bandai Namco Holdings announced today that as of that date, Banpresto's console game development will be merged into the Bandai Namco Games fold. That's right, Super Robot Wars will now be published by the same company that publishes Tekken.

The Banpresto name will still be around. The publisher will now focus its efforts on prize machines for arcades.

In line with this reorganization, Bandai Namco Holdings is shifting two Banpresto subsidiaries. Pleasure Cast and Hanayashiki, both of which operate amusement facilities, will become subsidiaries of Namco."

So, what do you think about it? I can't tell if this will be good or bad...
IP Logged

Re: This will intrest any SRW fan
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:27:13 PM » by jolly_old_saint
Well, it's not like merging with enix stopped square from making good final fa...oh, yeah. Crap.

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 01:11:44 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Squeenix was responsible for FF8? Great Scott, Marty!

Honestly, I don't know enough about the situation to care.
Banpresto being a separate division made more logical sense back when Bandai didn't HAVE another games division, though.

I'll miss the Banpresto logo, if nothing else. The Bandai-Namco one isn't to my tastes.

Now then... keep churning out those anime SRPGs Bandai-Namco!  If you sacrifice SRW for Tales of the Asterisk, I will kill you! With a PLASTIC BUTTER KNIFE!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 03:06:43 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Bad: SRX mask is pointless, no more Banpresto jingle.

Good: Opens possibility for Sanger in Soul Calibur. >_>

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 03:41:08 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi

^ That.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 06:05:44 PM » by Adamjirra

Do want.

Too bad this really doesn't help a non-og SRW coming out in america still, however, I still feel that somehow SRWW will see a translation.
Someday.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 07:29:20 PM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 10:41:36 PM by Dsvaun »
Only problem is that the one to do it will probably be Ghideon.

Square wasn't exactly marching uphill with their games before the merger.  A good example is FFX-2.  The system itself was interesting with the revival of the class system along with other things.  The downside..............play for 10 minutes and you'll see.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 06:23:58 PM » by Xeno
A good example is FFX-2.  The system itself was interesting with the revival of the class system along with other things.  The downside..............play for 10 minutes and you'll see.
X-2 is pure ebil~!

I think Kirby put on a little weight...
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 06:32:01 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I personally think Square (with or without enix) has been going down hill since after FF IX

the only exception to this being Kingdom Hearts 

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 11:50:04 PM » by Osairis
Apparently Valkyrie Profile went downhill according to everyone. I hated XII at first, but ended up immersing myself into its grinding scheme soon after. Let alone, finished the game afterwards. Took the liberty of finishing Crisis Core as well and indeed, I felt satisfied with the game and its dramatic ending. Regardless of what one says, Squenix managed to bring forth gamers who weren't known to play RPGs to sit down and play one. Playing a RPG became less "nerdy" through them. Rather rash to say, but I have to say it's true...

As for the merger? Next SRW game possibility will probably include the Xeno series and it'll be like the focus of that game. Disturbing? Up to you if it EVER happens.

IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 12:56:59 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Apparently Valkyrie Profile went downhill according to everyone.
Yeah. But that's tri-Ace, not Squeenix. And it would've been an example of Enix going downhill instead of Square.

All I have to say:

FUCK YOU SQUEENIX! LEAVEING ME WANTING PARASITE EVE 3 FOR SO LONG, THEN ANNOUNCING IT AS A GOD-DAMN CELLPHONE GAME!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 01:00:47 PM » by Ian Kelley
Apparently Valkyrie Profile went downhill according to everyone.
Yeah. But that's tri-Ace, not Squeenix. And it would've been an example of Enix going downhill instead of Square.

Well if you want to be real technical, Enix could have never really gone downhill since they never actually made their own games, only published games developed by other studios. A lot of other studios.

On that note, I think the Enix side has gone way downhill since the merger. (The Square side was in the shitter IMHO for years beforehand) Enix used to be one of the few console publishers that took risks publishing quirky and experimental niche games like Astronoka and Segare Ijiri, (the latter which was far too bizarre for me but still cool that they took a chance on it) but after the merger has not done much more than typical mass-market stuff.
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 03:56:22 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Yes...Enix mostly jsut publishes games from other softhouses, but thanks to that eu can find some pretty good games, even if they are a bit bizarre
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 08:35:56 PM » by Armetius
I thought Banpresto was already a part of Bandai, so this is news to me. Damn, it's like Bandai is the Japanese equivalent of EA.

Speaking of which, releasing an SRW with licensed characters in the U.S. is probably the only thing that would make me forgive Bamco for the retarded stunt they pulled with Hellgate: London.
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 08:43:04 PM » by Dsvaun
Banpresto was owned by Bandai as a subsidary, meaning its owned by bandai, but its still its own company.  If Bandai is taking an important part of Banpresto, they better take the good parts instead of putting their own crap in it.
IP Logged

(Read 10658 times) [1] 2
Jump to: