spoiler discussion for metal max returns

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Returns

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 771 Members, Latest Member: BlueWizard

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 50910 times) [1] 2 3 ... 9

SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Returns
« on: November 11, 2007, 10:25:40 AM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Do NOT READ unless you've finished the game!

I mean it....

OK. So let's talk plot twists, advanced bosses, and whatever else. In this thread, too, I'll answer questions in a nice, direct fashion and stop being all coy. I hope people go through mostly on their own, though. I used the FAQ up on GameFAQs my first time through translating, to try to get everything translated as quickly as possible, and while it worked, I wish I had had the experience of discovering it the way you guys did. ;)

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

Re: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Returns
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 04:53:05 PM » by Frumple
So... sure, here's one -- what's the random-encounter critter that gives the most xp/gold?  I've been farming Slow Walkers (Snapping Turtle avec Cannon, around the south-ish part of the western desert, 13k xp, 15k gold) for a while now, and am kinda' curious if there's something that'll dole it out faster.
IP Logged

Re: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Retur
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 05:10:30 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
As far as I know, Slow Walkers are the most profitable common monsters out there, and can be found all over the desert south of Hell's Gate and north Santa Poco.

I've two questions, the second one being quite more spoilery:

1) An NPC (in Santa Poco, I think) mentions something about excavations going on in the desert, and the discovery of ancient weapons there. However, I couldn't find any such site: the only location besides town in the abandoned oasis where Rodriguez resides. Has anyone had better luck with this?

2) Is there any way to save Nina? Oblivious to the consequences, one of the tanks I took to Valdez's cave was Red Wolf's, so she noticed it, assumed Wolf was dead and threw herself to Valdez's dogs after the battle. Is the conclusion any different if you don't take Wolf's tank to the confrontation?
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 05:28:24 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
1) Random encounter critter: I never paid much attention. My preferred method of gold/XP farming was to continually give the wrong password at Hell's Gate and fight the Robo Police. With turbo and fastforward going and with Search set to the turbo button, it went reasonably quickly. Beyond that I couldn't give a better answer as to random encounters.
2) There aren't actually any places that you can visit per se. There are, however, many items that are just hidden out there. Take a metal detector out there, or -- as this -is- the super spoiler thread, after all -- just follow along with the images on this page. http://www.super-famicom.jp/data/me/mmr.html
3) If you don't take Wolf's tank, she'll ask if you've heard of a hunter named Wolf or not. If yes, she says to tell him she's here waiting for him, and if no, she wonders what he's doing now. Either way she just waits there. Poor girl...

IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 08:46:17 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 08:48:09 PM by Shadow »
Since someone asked on the other thread, here's how to find all the tanks:

1) Mosquito: your first tank, located in the cave southeast of Leorad.
2) Buggy: located in the seaside factory east of Pobre Obre, obtainable after you talk to the CEO
3) Van: located in the Peerless Hospital where you fight Mad Muscle, northwest (I think) of Rocco.
4) LAV: located in Sol, obtainable after defeating the crocodile in the town's sewers.
5) Tiger: located (buried) in the Beach Cave east of Il Migra.
6) Abrams: located in one of the Port Slum (southeast of Audrey) buildings, can be purchased with a variable amount of money.
7) Red Wolf: located in the Waterfall Hideout, far to the southwest of Sol.
8) WhiteMuu: located in the Ghost Base, north of Canabelle.

The rest of the tanks are rental ones, so you can't own them.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 10:36:48 PM » by Zadey
so, whats the better weapons?

for me im liking the 205mm sold in Hellsgate, im a big aux user, with all three of my tanks sporting dual Buster Flutes, so the twenty rounds on it is ok given how light it is

found the thunder cannon and 225 hydra, but the things are just way to heavy for my tastes, since its rare that i fire the cannon outside of big mobs, i have the dashboard laid out like

Aux/Main/Protect
SE/Shells/Defend
Tools/Detank/Flee

so yea, whats the best weapon? not just in raw attack power, but in wieght and ammo capacity

i think the buster flute is the best aux, unless theres something hidden somewhere

SEs...are ugh...a handful, i like the burner dragons for group attack because with one ammo upgrade they are still reasonably light)
for single target i have two excalibur missles with max attack power
never looked at the ALL catagory to heavy...though im tempted to make my van or LAV into a tank specifically for a pair of ALL SEs

so, whats the best SEs? in terms of best power delivery and of course, cool effects? :P
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 04:08:28 AM » by Xeno
Since someone asked on the other thread, here's how to find all the tanks:

1) Mosquito: your first tank, located in the cave southeast of Leorad.
2) Buggy: located in the seaside factory east of Pobre Obre, obtainable after you talk to the CEO
3) Van: located in the Peerless Hospital where you fight Mad Muscle, northwest (I think) of Rocco.
4) LAV: located in Sol, obtainable after defeating the crocodile in the town's sewers.
5) Tiger: located (buried) in the Beach Cave east of Il Migra.
6) Abrams: located in one of the Port Slum (southeast of Audrey) buildings, can be purchased with a variable amount of money.
7) Red Wolf: located in the Waterfall Hideout, far to the southwest of Sol.
8) WhiteMuu: located in the Ghost Base, north of Canabelle.

The rest of the tanks are rental ones, so you can't own them.
Thanks a lot, I knew I missed a tank.....
Need to find that Tiger now!

I think Kirby put on a little weight...
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 12:06:37 AM » by jtrainor
Is there any kind of item code available, or one to fill out everything in the Items thing in the BS Con? I'd kinda like to know how to get Red Wolf's stuff.

Also, the hidden items that are shown on that web page arn't everything, I've found stuff indoors in a few places.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 04:46:47 AM » by Seeker
Uhm, well ... maybe I`m blind or so - but where is carmen .. i mean White Muu in this Ghost Base??
I was driving/walking for hours, found the LaserGeek, found this Door which was crying "hack me" - but no White Muu.

Are there some switches to activate?
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 05:22:09 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
I don't remember that clearly, but I think you needed to open a large square hole of sorts on the base floor, the one the conveyor belts in the area lead to. You need a critical item: an ID card located on the desk on the top floor, in the room where the zombie soldier 'commander' is sleeping.

There are also a couple of computers which need that card on the base floor. I don't remember what they did, though. I think one of them activated the conveyor belts.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 06:05:17 AM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Also, you need the ID Card from the Peerless Hospital. I think it's O? Don't know offhand...

IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 08:33:31 AM » by Seeker
Hmm something is realy strange - I allready  gathered the keycards t(?) and o ... otherwise there wouldn`t be a way to get acces to this Laser-Prof.

I went countless times through this base and activated everything ... but the room behind the gate (o) stays empty
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 08:49:01 AM » by Novacat
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 08:50:57 AM by Novacat »
You'll also find yourself having to run against one conveyor when its on.

What do the different programs do for tank comps? Support seems to make it intercept some (seems to be the heavier ones) attacks... definitely works on a towed one.But what about Guide, Escape, Obliteration and Ambush(still trying to figure out how to work that one, I do have a red peony ATM equipped for it)?

205mm Red Peony: insanely heavy, and despite the description didn't seem to do group or area damage, so its definitely not 'explosive' shells in anything more than fluff.

Best weapons I've found right now are the Hydra, Ghost and Gaia... The first is obvious, the second and third however... Ghost is so light, even fully modded, compared to other late finds that its perfect for the twin-auto twin-SE weight issues of the Muu.

edit: The Muu should be there and visible in the middle of that room's floor tiles. I have no idea why it wouldn't show, but I can say that it WAS the last tank I found, so perhaps you need wolf's or the others before it?
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 09:22:24 AM » by Seeker
Well, White Muu would be the last tank in my collection ... my "party" consists of Red Wolf, Tiger and Abrams.

Like I said ... realy strange thing.

IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 09:27:27 AM » by Seeker
All I know about the Comps is:

Ambush defends you against "special" attacks of the enemy by intercepting the shells with a ambush capable SE (If you have enough ammo)

Guide shows you the location of your captured tanks

Escape? Dunno, maybe automatic retreat after seriuos damage?

Obliteration? Dunno
IP Logged

(Read 50910 times) [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to: