spoiler discussion for metal max returns

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Returns

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11025 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 50387 times) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Re: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Retur
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2007, 02:57:06 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
before going to, not reaching ;)

Anyways, continuing the sequel discussion...  I played MS, and I'm pretty sure that the main character's dad wasn't the MMR Hunter -- I could have it wrong, but I think his dad was just a great hunter, without having any connection to Noah. There is a connection to Noah in MS, but it isn't referenced until later. I need to fire up MS again...

The DS game, however, makes it very clear that it's a sequel to MMR: in the beginning they talk about the hunter/soldier/mechanic that killed Noah, and the hunter who was involved was the dad of the DS game's main character.

Speaking of family ties, I think it's really funny that MMR Hunter's dad, as gruff as he is, will always fix your tanks for free, no matter how beat up they are, while MS's mom is a lot more strict. ;)

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 03:03:18 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 03:07:45 PM by Shadow »
Seems like the MMR Hunter's dad is rough on the outside and soft on the inside. =D

By the way, a request in advance: this is the spoiler thread for MMR, not MS, so please don't spoil anything (you haven't so far). =P
IP Logged

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 03:06:17 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Yep, I love MMR's Hunter's Dad. Especially if you play a solo game, you get pretty used to having him help you out. I imagine him bypassing the Robo-Police at Hell's Gate, crossing the desert to Hound Cavern, and giving Bad Valdez the finger as he picks up your lifeless carcass and drags you back to the good doctor back home... ;)

And don't worry, I don't think I remember MS well enough to spoil it anyways ;)

IP Logged

Re: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Returns
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2007, 03:08:13 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Oh, I thought I had read that the MS Hunter's dad had destroyed Noah in the game's site Story section. But I was wrong: another, nameless hunter is credited with that feat.

Metal Saga's story:

In the not so distant future... Desperate to find a way to save the earth from pollution, mankind created a gigantic supercomputer and named it Noah. Noah's solution, however, was to exterminate its creators. In a matter of days, civilization fell to terrifying weapons and monsters created by Noah. This cataclysmic event came to be known as the Great Destruction.

As the years passed, the number of human survivors grew, slowly but steadily. They formed villages and towns, living off of technology that they were able to salvage from the piles of wreckage.

Among the survivors were those who rose up to fight Noah's robotic henchmen. To track down and eliminate these threats to humanity, they utilized the most powerful weapons still operable after the Great Destruction -- tanks! As a sign of respect, people nicknamed them "hunters."

Noah, the cause of the Great Destruction, was in fact destroyed by one such hunter. However, its ruthless offspring still roamed the world, striking fear in people's hearts.

Now, a young man prepares to set foot into the perilous desert wasteland to make a name for himself, as did his father, a veteran hunter...
IP Logged

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 11:20:16 PM » by Zadey
hehe, never said i did it legitly, that faq on gamefaqs does have a nice lil no encounter code XD

but yea, it sucked, ran all the way down to muu where i forgot to get the card from the hospital, but now i shall actually play, since im sitting at nevi with the muu XD,

i had gone thru the subway systems though, which kinda sucks as i dont have yuge and most importantly ill midra :P
IP Logged

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2007, 01:44:31 AM » by Novacat
Hm... Here's a question:

I use the BS-controller in combat overland and get a "sent target data to satellite" (or something close to that) message.

Then... er... nothing.

Am I missing a step to get the sat-laser system working or somethin?
IP Logged

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2007, 01:59:57 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
It'll probably take a few turns for it to lock on and fire. At least, I think.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 08:10:21 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Yes, I think it's three or four turns after you send the coordinates. Then a bright blue beam comes from the sky (a la Command & Conquer ion cannon) and damages all the enemies quite a bit (Around 1000, I think). =)

I forgot to try it on Noah. I'm curious if it'd work in underground places, especially really deep places like Noah's chamber.
IP Logged

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 06:22:05 PM » by Novacat
probably 4 then since 3 didn't work for me.

It also doesn't work underground, you get a message saying to "try it in open areas" or something like that.
IP Logged

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2007, 09:07:26 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
It also doesn't work underground, you get a message saying to "try it in open areas" or something like that.

Makes perfect sense. After all, the beam comes from a satellite in orbit. =P
IP Logged

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2007, 12:21:07 PM » by sss
Makes perfect sense. After all, the beam comes from a satellite in orbit. =P

shame it hasn't got destructable terrain then, isn't it? XD
IP Logged

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2007, 02:48:45 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Well, most caves are deep within mountains, and Noah's like 40 floors underground, so it makes sense. However, if you can't use the laser on someone inside a flimsy house (for example, Gomez), then some of that sense kind of evaporates. =P
IP Logged

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2007, 12:22:25 PM » by Big Z
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 12:26:31 PM by Big Z »
How do I get that kid in Canabelle to burn down the forest east of town? I've talked to every villager, left and entered town half a dozen times, killed every bountyhead open to me except for Bad Valdez and still nothing. Who exactly do I need to sleep with to get to the Burned Out Factory?

Edit: About thirty seconds after posting this I entered Canabelle and started the forest fire sequence. Apparently the trick is to post on a forum asking how to do it >_>
IP Logged

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2007, 02:31:14 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Just in case anyone else runs into the same problem, you have to talk with a guy in the bar (I think the one that tells you about Himio) and then Optica.

IP Logged

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2007, 04:25:34 PM » by Stanley_Decker
Is there a use for the "puppy gourmet" item? I found 2 or 3 of them in the game
IP Logged

(Read 50387 times) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to: