spoiler discussion for metal max returns

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Returns

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 771 Members, Latest Member: BlueWizard

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 50915 times) 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Re: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Returns
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2007, 09:37:41 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
A supportin' tank with a Laser Aux will shoot down lasers as well.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

Re: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Retur
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2007, 12:34:43 AM » by tofudragon7
Anyone have a strategy for killing the croc? My first playthrough, it folded like a paper tiger (I didn't even need to heal), but for some reason the second time I can't beat it. All my people have sonic shockwaves, which with the soldier do about 200 damage; I got so desperate I save+reset every move in the battle (a cool trick that, if done right, lets you dodge every attack but is also blatantly cheating); I must have hit the guy at least 20 times. And considering that I just beat the brass banshee with two 700-damage shots from the Abrams' cannon, I doubt that it should have more than 4,000 hp, especially since it didn't seem to the first time. Does the sonic shockwave heal certain enemies? It says it dealt damage.

I am Zeromus. I am the hate!
IP Logged

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2007, 02:59:44 AM » by sss
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 06:33:51 AM by sss »
A supportin' tank with a Laser Aux will shoot down lasers as well.

see... the thing is.. i have laser autogun S-E on my support and laser autogun aux on a couple of my front line (ambushing) tanks...

and i didn't look properly to see whether it was the support that was shooting down laser or the ambushing... guess i'll just turn the ambush off..
---
apparently the laser autoguns (support) work whether they are in s-e or aux.

so we can intercept lasers .. not to mention the usual shells... anything else?
IP Logged

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2007, 06:50:38 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Anyone have a strategy for killing the croc? My first playthrough, it folded like a paper tiger (I didn't even need to heal), but for some reason the second time I can't beat it. All my people have sonic shockwaves, which with the soldier do about 200 damage; I got so desperate I save+reset every move in the battle (a cool trick that, if done right, lets you dodge every attack but is also blatantly cheating); I must have hit the guy at least 20 times. And considering that I just beat the brass banshee with two 700-damage shots from the Abrams' cannon, I doubt that it should have more than 4,000 hp, especially since it didn't seem to the first time. Does the sonic shockwave heal certain enemies? It says it dealt damage.

I think the Sonic Shockwave is a garbage weapon anyhow. Seems to have a low pierce rate. Better off jsut usin' the SMG Grenade, since that's a spread with good penetration, followed by what's basically a tank shell, also with good penetration.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2007, 06:05:18 PM » by Big Z
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 06:21:14 PM by Big Z »
During my solo playthrough I left the croc all by himself until I could return with a Bazooka on my shoulder. The best defense is a show-stopping offense, and with a few Top-Off Drinks in my backpack it didn't take too much effort to bring down the croc and all the on-foot bountyheads I'd skipped over earlier.
IP Logged

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2007, 07:50:45 PM » by tofudragon7
Thing is, I reeeeally want the LAV's twin-linked autoguns... but I guess I'll just kill some more bosses first.

IP Logged

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2007, 06:03:21 PM » by sss
someone mind explaining that linked twin autogun thing to me?.. lav only gets 1 autogun hole....
IP Logged

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2007, 07:55:46 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Some towns have dudes that can modify your tanks to have extra armor or weapon slots. For example, you can change the Buggy's S-E slot from Special to Cannon, or open up a second Aux slot on the LAV. It's really nifty.

I just wish you could get a non-rental tank with two Main slots.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2007, 08:18:25 PM » by tofudragon7
Oh... wait a second. My LAV definitely only let me open up one autogun slot. Oh well. Now the White Muu, on the other hand... twin autoguns AND twin missiles make most of my battles very short.

IP Logged

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2007, 02:18:12 AM » by sss
Some towns have dudes that can modify your tanks to have extra armor or weapon slots. For example, you can change the Buggy's S-E slot from Special to Cannon, or open up a second Aux slot on the LAV. It's really nifty.

I just wish you could get a non-rental tank with two Main slots.

the gepard (twin machine guns on main)?... can't really change weapons, though.. right?

come to think of it.. I was just thinking of the tractor.. .wonder if you can shoot from inside tractor... like you can with the buggy... not that i do it much.. mind...
IP Logged

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2007, 05:08:06 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
That's why I said "non-rental". And no, the Gepard's autocannons aren't going anywhere.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2007, 08:46:30 PM » by tofudragon7
So I believe there was some discussion on this thread earlier about the best weapon in the game, and I'm going to hazard my opinion: the Excalibur missile launcher. With the attack fully modded and one ammo upgrade, its stats are:

Weight: 3.36 t
Ammo: 15
Power: 923
Defense: 72

The Excalibur's attack is only slightly less than the 205 mm Cannon (arguably the best cannon), while its defense is greater and its weight less. Furthermore, the Excalibur is available about halfway through the game, at a reasonable price, and, since it's a special weapon, the Rhino, Red Wolf, and White Muu can all equip TWO of them.

IP Logged

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2007, 08:57:47 PM » by tofudragon7
And regarding the Dust Franken, there's a large room with a huge pile of garbage in the center-ish. Go to the bottom-left corner of the pile and start walking around the small area to the right of the floor grates on said corner.

Hmm... I've battled about 20 groups of mind-numbingly weak enemies in this trash dump in said area. Am I missing something? Should Dust Franken be easy to encounter?

IP Logged

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2007, 01:38:43 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
And regarding the Dust Franken, there's a large room with a huge pile of garbage in the center-ish. Go to the bottom-left corner of the pile and start walking around the small area to the right of the floor grates on said corner.

Hmm... I've battled about 20 groups of mind-numbingly weak enemies in this trash dump in said area. Am I missing something? Should Dust Franken be easy to encounter?

Scripted encounter, not random.

Move south of the trash pile.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2007, 12:29:48 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter

Told you precisely where to find him. =P
IP Logged

(Read 50915 times) 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to: