spoiler discussion for metal max returns

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Returns

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 45767 times) 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Re: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Retur
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2007, 01:28:12 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Teacher! I have a question!

Is it possible to thaw the inside of the Freeza building?

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2007, 10:30:49 AM » by threetimes
Liana answered this question on the GameFAQs MMR board, and she said No it isn't possible.

I have been trying to get all the items in the fridges on floor 3, but only managed 3 of them, but I guess unfreezing is not an option.
IP Logged

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2007, 08:04:13 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 08:06:06 AM by Shadow »
I think it's all about sliding from and to the right places. However, there's the possibility that some of the fridges might be simply unreachable. The items found in the couple I got to weren't that impressive, so I wasn't too motivated to go through the trouble of trying and trying and trying to reach the other ones.
IP Logged

« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2007, 09:58:00 AM » by threetimes
Yes, I think you are right about them not all being reachable.  The bottom four must be impossible, however I am convinced there must be a way to get the stuff from the top four.  I have managed the first, third and fourth going from left to right, but that second one is proving elusive. Also two out of the three items, those fridges are the only place I have found them, so there is a chance that the other one has something unique as well. (I am slightly obsessed by this as I am trying to complete a FAQ for the game, and there are quite a few items that I have not managed to find.)
IP Logged

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2007, 02:00:31 PM » by Big Z
I never had the patience for sliding about like a nut, but good luck with your FAQ Threetimes!
IP Logged

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2008, 04:01:46 AM » by Viral
I haven't gotten to Freeza (thus gotten the metal detector) yet and I wanna get that chainsaw boomerang weapon, might any of you have a screen shot of its general location?

Rawr
IP Logged

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2008, 11:17:10 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
so has anyone found a carwash yet because I haven't and i was wondering if anyone had
IP Logged

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2008, 12:25:19 PM » by threetimes
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:27:51 PM by threetimes »
The carwash is at Santa Poco which is north from the waterfall area and at the south side of the desert.

Here's a screenshot of the location of the chainsaw though that might not be the weapon you wanted to find.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1639/locationofwchainsawnrneue9.png

And thanks Big Z. I must get it finished but there are still things I can't find, which includes whatever is in that one fridge!
IP Logged

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2008, 11:18:57 PM » by Viral
Ah, thanks for the screenshot.

Rawr
IP Logged

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2008, 09:36:30 AM » by threetimes
Just to let you guys know that I have more or less completed the FAQ for the game. There are a few things still to add, like some monster drops and details of a few items, (still not found the item in the fridge at Freeza, for example), but other than that there is a detailed walkthrough now, at GameFAQs. 

I couldn't have done it without lianaleslie's help, so many many thanks to her, and of course to her and Aeon Genesis for the translation patch. ^_^
IP Logged

« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2008, 05:14:23 PM » by Big Z
Excellent walkthrough/FAQ, Threetimes! I noticed at the bottom you mentioned you couldn't find the 180mm Burst Cannon. This part is for sale in the same Trader Camp as the Buster Flutes and was crucial in my solo-play defeat of Noah because of its special ability - firing twice in a single turn!
IP Logged

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2008, 01:56:32 AM » by threetimes
Thanks a lot Big Z. XDXDXD

I haven't had any feedback on it, apart from a great comment from lianaleslie when the first draft was posted, so I'm really pleased you liked it.

According to my shop lists it's the 195mm Burst that can be bought at the Leorad trader camp and not the 180mm. That weapon is puzzling me, though I have an inkling that it is a monster drop that I haven't yet got. I don't have a clue about how to use codes or anything to get additional info, so I have to rely on endless battles to find those drops, and a poster at GameFAQs said that many of the equipment things I haven't yet got any info for are dropped items.
IP Logged

« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2008, 06:20:46 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:59:41 AM by Shadow »
Excellent. I'll skim it once I've time. Do you've a section for buried items, the ones you can find with metal detectors? Here's a link that Liana posted on the first page:

http://www.super-famicom.jp/data/me/mmr.html

It's in Japanese, and Babelfish translation only makes it a bit more understandable. It'll also be rather tricky to explain the locations on a FAQ without any pictures.

PS: I read the list of items you need help with. The only one I can help you with at the moment is the Research Notes. The item can be found somewhere in the offices of the Global Relief Center, as it explains a bit about Noah and the reasons of its creation. I don't remember the exact place, but I think it might be a desk, one of the big ones.
IP Logged

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2008, 12:00:18 PM » by threetimes
Thanks for the link, though I have it saved already from lianaleslie's post at GFs, and yes, I have included a list of the Metal Detector items in the tank equipment section, though I think it needs updating already, as someone told me about some more on foot Metal Detector stuff,. Yes, in fact. it would be better as a whole separate section. I'll do that next time I update it.

Makes sense for the research notes to be in the GRC, though I thought I had checked every damn desk! Thanks though. :D
IP Logged

Re: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Returns
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2008, 12:26:06 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
No problem. =)

If I remember correctly, in the case of large desks, you could check both drawers, so try that.
IP Logged

(Read 45767 times) 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to: