spoiler discussion for metal max returns

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Returns

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 763 Members, Latest Member: lahmndras01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 45837 times) 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Re: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Retur
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2008, 05:41:35 AM » by Swordfishtrombone
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 05:43:37 AM by Swordfishtrombone »
Ah, finally found it. Thanks for the help.

I don't remember how many times I searched my first time at Negi, but it was quite a few times. The second time, before I posted here, I must've searched at least 50-60 times (which is why I thought she needed to say something about it first). After reading the replies, I went back and found it on my third try. In the bottom right corner :)

Thanks again.
IP Logged

« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2008, 05:21:29 PM » by threetimes
Now something strange. I got an email saying that it is possible to beat Gomez with Red Wolf. I wondered if there was any text relating to this so it could be confirmed? 

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2721/89027692iu2.png

This is what the person wrote:

the only way to win is to quick save and quick load frequently.Every attack from Gomez's tank can be dodged in a small chance.The battle took me nearly 2 hours and at last Red Wolf wins.But nothing changes except Red Wolf gets a level up.

I wouldn't have the patience to test this out, but if anyone else wants to try? ;)
IP Logged

« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2008, 07:33:24 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
I once or twice took advantage of states to beat some of the harder bosses. It works best if the config is set to Message Speed: 1 and Action Style: Turns. It'd probably take Wolf a very long time to do, though. Don't his bullets keep bouncing off the tank or something?

And does it change the story at all?

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2008, 08:23:59 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Interesting... I don't think I have the patience for it myself. I do know that one of the FAQs on MetalManiax is "Can you change Wolf's fate?" and the answer is sadly, no... and I can't believe that this is the first time anyone's done it. That's an amazing screenshot though.

anyways, I guess more concretely, I never translated any dialogue for Red Wolf beating Gomez ;)

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2008, 08:59:54 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
I'll have to try it out when I replay the game. Of course, knowing Gomez, he'll probably whack Wolf anyways, but you guys will be the first to hear how!

IP Logged

« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2008, 06:33:03 AM » by threetimes
That clinches it then liana!

Someone else wrote me about trying to save Nina. They went all through the game without triggering Red Wolf's death and Gomez.

"I killed Valdez before Gomez, but she still just waited forever and Wolf
still died and I just got Nina there waiting for him 'forever'.  Even
got the strawberry lipstick, not that it mattered.  Maybe I should go
to her in the tank?  That would probably only get her to commit
suicide though :/

Yup.  If you go back to her when she's waiting "forever" with Wolf's
tank, she'll commit suicide (well, actually, she'll ask you to get out
of the tank first, but then you talk to her again and...)"

They also tried to avoid the first scene with Red Wolf taking the tank in the the cave, but of course, you can't cross the barrier without a tank so that didn't work either.

At least Nina sort of survives in Metal Saga...Hunter's mother's name. ^_^

IP Logged

« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2008, 05:01:35 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Yep, I tried to skip Wolf's death too and see how Nina reacted... No changes, she won't do anything until you show up in his tank. I like to think they got their rebirth and are living happily as two NPCs somewhere in some sleepy town in some other game.

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2008, 05:05:55 PM » by Runekn
This might be stupid and probably was answered in the README file, but when I use the patch and the game, it (the patch) doesn't work.

I still don't get it.
IP Logged

« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2008, 05:32:53 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
The one thing I would make sure of is that if the game is in a .zip file, that the patch is named after the .smc file inside the .zip, which may not be the same name as the .zip itself. Also make sure your emulator has auto-IPS patching enabled and that the game has its header removed (more on that can be found somewhere around here).

IP Logged

« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2008, 12:40:23 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Also: does anybody know what point there is for the main cannon machine guns? Even though they have max ammo from the start, they can't ambush or use special shells. And I'm not sure they're particularly light, either.

IP Logged

Re: SPOILER DISCUSSION for Metal Max Returns
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2008, 01:23:04 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
It's better just to actually patch the .smc permanently with an IPS patcher, like Lunar IPS. I use that one since it's simple and straightforward. Then you don't have to worry about the emulator's IPS-patching capability nor issues like the ones you're having.
IP Logged

(Read 45837 times) 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to: