"based on a true story?"

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: "Based on a true story?"

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10949 Posts, 520 Topics, 749 Members, Latest Member: nabycoremy

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 4796 times) [1]

"Based on a true story?"
« on: November 12, 2007, 11:08:01 PM » by abandonwareguru
So... I just hit up my local pawnshop and left them the usual 80% of my paycheck... And one of the games I picked up was Fatal Frame on PS2.

The box says, "Based on a true story!"

Does anyone have any idea what story that might be? Or is it one of those, "Ooh, yeah, this makes it sound scarier... BUY OUR CRAP PL0X" sort of things?

I'd love it if somebody could shed some light on this.
IP Logged

Re: "Based on a true story?"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 01:56:14 AM » by I.S.T.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 02:22:42 AM » by abandonwareguru
Thanks a bunch, I never think of using Wikipedia, lol. Looks like it's a little bit of both then, huh?

I haven't actually played it yet, since I haven't had a day off from work yet, and if playing Clock Tower at 2 AM was any indication... I won't wanna play this right before bedtime. But it's always seemed fun, I'm glad I snagged it.

Any opinions, one way or another?
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 04:04:43 AM » by Viral
It's based on a true story about as much as Texas Chainsaw Massacre is.

Rawr
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 01:47:14 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Meaning that it's based off of real people?

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 02:26:48 PM » by Dsvaun
Probably meaning it's true in the sense there was a guy in the middle of nowhere with a hatchet that killed some people and they wanted to make a movie out of it.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 03:08:42 AM » by Viral
Bingo

Rawr
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 02:14:39 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Probably meaning it's true in the sense there was a guy in the middle of nowhere with a hatchet that killed some people and they wanted to make a movie out of it.

Amazingly Texas Chainsaw Massacre is based off the same person that Psycho and the primary villian from Silence of the Lambs. A man from Wisconson named Ed Gein.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

(Read 4796 times) [1]
Jump to: