progress news ~ second of three - romancing saga 2

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Progress News ~ Second of Three - Romancing SaGa 2

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10940 Posts, 519 Topics, 732 Members, Latest Member: crmelsmts01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 12879 times) [1] 2

Progress News ~ Second of Three - Romancing SaGa 2
« on: October 11, 2014, 08:59:13 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Okay, so, Romancing SaGa 2. I´d be lying if I said the project was in pristine shape, and it´d be disingenuous to upload gorgeous screenshots without showing some of the, uh, not so gorgeous screenshots. I´ve replaced the entire slideshow with screenshots indicative of the current state of the project, warts and all. You can see one of the problems below.

That said, these will *hopefully* not be too difficult to overcome. As with SMT if..., there´s a SaGa anniversary coming up soon. I´d really like to have this out then as well, but it´s a bit more of a long shot than SMT. We´ll see.
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Progress News ~ Second of Three - Romancing SaGa 2
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 10:23:25 PM » by ebony841
Hi, I would like to enquire whether any part of this story is spoiled by romancing saga 3. I am still contemplating whether to play RS3 before the translation of RS2 is released.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 02:17:19 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
As far as I know, each of the Romancing SaGa games are their own unique continuity. Plot-wise they have nothing in common, aside from some basic general themes.

IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 12:49:08 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Like Gid said, there's no connection between any of the SaGa games as far as I know except for some cameos and general ideas however the poet appears in all 3 snes games and it's debated whether or not he's the same character in all 3.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 07:12:20 AM » by yuka
Hope everything is going better with that one! Thanks so much for your hard work. ^_^
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 12:29:18 PM » by break Pokemon Proud Eyes
Awesome work !!

Looking forward to the 2015 progress post  ^_^"
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 09:15:15 PM » by kain611
Hoping maybe for a surprise release in honor of 25th Anniversary?? of the SaGa series...

I know I'm dreaming but hey its my dream.

Keep up the awesome work Ghideon all your hardwork and everyone who works with you is appreciated GREATLY!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 12:06:51 AM » by Teknoman
Really looking forward to this, whenever it surfaces!
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 07:27:19 AM » by yuka
Hello!

I was just wondering if this patch would use the Hi-Res font used, for instance in Rudra? In all honesty, I hope not, as I'm playing on iOS and it's not supported.

Thanks!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 07:47:47 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I don't generally add hi-res fonts to games; I only use them when they're already present. I know that Romancing SaGa 3 uses the SNES's hi-res mode in its menus, but as far as I know Romancing SaGa 2 does not. Of the games on my list, the only ones that I can think of that use the SNES's hi-res mode are Rudra, Dark Law, BB Gun, and Madara 2.

IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 06:27:20 PM » by mmz16x
Im so excited for this game comin out cant wait :D
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 04:24:21 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
His frothing demand for this game increases!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 06:17:33 AM » by yuka
Never thought I'd see the day, but since an official localisaton has been announced for Roma SaGa 2, does that mean you will stop working on yours? I hope your efforts don't go to waste...
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 04:12:02 AM » by Killmore Insta-death spell level 2.
Never thought I'd see the day, but since an official localisaton has been announced for Roma SaGa 2, does that mean you will stop working on yours? I hope your efforts don't go to waste...

I feel that it'd still be worth it just so that I don't have to worry about never having to update my smartphone in case that Squeenix never gets around to making sure that the game remains compatible with the inevitable system updates.

But then, this is just my .$.02 on the matter. And either way, I'm still getting that version of the game just to support Squeenix's endeavor.

Also, we are now down to 9 SuperFamicom/NES era Square games (12 if you count the BS releases) that have yet to receive some kind of official localization. Here's hoping for Bahamut Lagoon in 2025.
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 08:38:45 PM » by ze_
I hope this doesn't get dropped. I hate playing games on my phone, and I confess the conflicting art styles between maps and characters/animations/enemies bothers me. I'd love to play this game on my SNES using my flashcart :)
IP Logged

(Read 12879 times) [1] 2
Jump to: