tactics ogre version?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Tactics Ogre Version?

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10987 Posts, 530 Topics, 744 Members, Latest Member: k4ra187

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 2504 times) [1]

Tactics Ogre Version?
« on: February 23, 2015, 01:25:38 AM » by andwhyisit
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:49:49 AM by andwhyisit »
The patching instructions said that I needed v1.2 of the Tactics Ogre rom.

I can't find any means to determine the version number of a hand-dumped Tactics Ogre rom. Is there an indicator in the file, or on the cart itself? Hopefully it isn't on the box, because my copy of the game didn't come with one.

Before anyone asks, I generally do not grab rom dumps from the internet as a matter of principle.
IP Logged

Re: Tactics Ogre Version?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 04:10:25 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Check it with a ROM image auditing tool? This is one of the two tasks they were meant for(verifying you had what you thought you did, and that it wasn't corrupt).

GoodSNES, NSRT, or ... No-Intro has a database, I don't know offhand how to use it.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 05:12:49 PM » by andwhyisit
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 08:20:19 PM by andwhyisit »
Seems I did an overdump. Had to truncate 1MiB off the end of the dump for it to recognise me.

Well... I'm v1.0 by the looks. Does this mean that I can't play this in English at all? What's the difference between versions?

Also if there is no way to get this to work then is there a means to tell versions apart from the physical cart so that I don't get caught out next time?
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 07:47:25 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:06:36 AM by JayBee »
Well... I'm v1.0 by the looks. Does this mean that I can't play this in English at all? What's the difference between versions?
Those are good questions.
While it can't hurt to TRY the patch, I guarantee nothing. I don't know how much was changed, nor how big the underlying code alterations were.

Also if there is no way to get this to work then is there a means to tell versions apart from the physical cart so that I don't get caught out next time?
As far as I know, there's no way to tell. They're identical except for the actual ROM.
While it defies your principles, I actually WOULD recommend downloading a 1.1 ROM image. It's not like it's a game you don't actually own.

Failing that... it'll probably be less expensive to buy the english PS1 version than keep buying Super Famicom carts and hoping you get lucky this time.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 2504 times) [1]
Jump to: