release news ~ treasure of the rudras v2.1

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Release News ~ Treasure of the Rudras v2.1

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 742 Members, Latest Member: thebluehat

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 12509 times) [1]

Release News ~ Treasure of the Rudras v2.1
« on: June 12, 2015, 09:54:42 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Today I´m launching version 2.1b of the Treasure of the Rudras translation. The primary fix here is essentially invisible, but it was brought to my attention recently-ish that when a character casts a spell in combat their strength and agility buffs get altered due to the expanded spell/mantra names. This fixes that and the cursor bug noted in the readme, but it´s only been briefly tested. I´m pretty sure it´s bug free as it´s a fairly small change, but I won´t be confident until more people have played it, so please give it a spin.

There are a few other issues minor issues in the game: a mantra hint or two don´t resolve to what they´re supposed to, one person tells you to go in one particular direction when the destination he´s sending you to is in the other, "agility" is rendered as "dexterity" in mantra descriptions, stuff like that. I don´t have an exhaustive list so please report anything like this you find so I can add it to an eventual version 2.2 update. Thanks!

IP Logged

Re: Release News ~ Treasure of the Rudras v2.1
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 11:17:36 AM » by zhaDe
I spent so much time trying to figure out one of those hints! I didnt want to look at a FAQ and get spoiled on spell names but I finaly gave up and couldnt stop myself from reading on sufix/prefix etc... Please fix those because looking at a FAQ for this game really ruins the experience. I dont remember the mantras anymore so I will give it another shot when 2.2 is out.
Btw, is it just me or is the part where you go free the butterflies in the girl's story VERY hard ? I ended up grinding 3 or 4 levels to beat the boss...
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 10:27:13 AM » by Aquillion
That fight is very hard, yes.

What order did you play the scenarios in?  I think the game assumes you'll play that one last, so you'll have a bunch of mantras and have the system mostly figured out.  Part of the problem is that its "choose your scenario" system is a pretty bad fit for its real-world-knowledge-based magic system, since to an extent the player's knowledge of how to make mantras is as important (or more important than) their level...  which means that the order you play the scenarios in can dramatically affect their difficulty.

(I also wish the game let you invent new mantras in combat, since that seems like it'd be making better use of the system.)
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 03:46:06 PM » by NurseTorture
I still have yet to find the time to try this new version. Just wanted to say I've checked this site every single day since this update & I eagerly await your return Aeon Genesis-dono.
IP Logged

(Read 12509 times) [1]
Jump to: