hiouden bug

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: hiouden bug

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10940 Posts, 519 Topics, 732 Members, Latest Member: crmelsmts01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 549 times) [1]

hiouden bug
« on: June 09, 2016, 02:27:17 PM » by chain
In Hiouden-the legend of the scarlet king, trying to change a character's name produces gibberish and I am fairly positive that it also corrupts the ROM.

To reproduce: In game, have at least one character besides Richard, (Richard can not be renamed).  In the system menu, click on the gargoyle (eagle looking thing), click on the character whose name you want to change. This brings up the info screen for that character. Now move the cursor to the character's name.  The name will turn green, and now if you click on it, you will get the little menu where you can rename them. Try to rename the character. As you try to enter the letters of the name you want, you will instead, get more and more gibberish.

WARNING: I am pretty sure this corrupts the ROM, so make sure you have a clean backup available.

The read-me mentions a missing letter issue.
On a clean ROM, without trying to change a character's name, I have never had an issue with missing letters.
On the game when I discovered this issue, after attempting to change a character's name, my game started dropping letters, and it gradually got worse until I started with a new clean backup.

I have no idea if this is an easy fix, or an unfixable issue, but it should be added to the read-me, not to try changing their names.

Playing on ZSNES, with a hard-patched rom. Has been flawless aside from this issue.
Love this game by the way. Thank you so much.
IP Logged

Re: hiouden bug
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 07:13:33 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
If it corrupts the ROM image, it is one more reason you shouldn't be using ZSNES. There should be absolutely no possible way for any glitch, no matter how bad, to corrupt Read-Only Memory. No emulator should EVER be writing back to the loaded ROM image.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 549 times) [1]
Jump to: