games similar to metal max returns

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Games Similar to Metal Max Returns

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11018 Posts, 538 Topics, 757 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 11676 times) 1 [2]

Re: Games Similar to Metal Max Returns
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 09:09:09 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 09:12:47 AM by Arle »
*Hasn't clicked link yet*

Oh no, I'm gonna need to a tank to recruit this guy... Bah.

*Hopped up on Freakazoid clips at the moment*

Edit: Hm hmm. Curious. While I certainly hope somethin' comes of it, I'm nowhere near the graphical portion, so I'll wait it out for now. 'Sides, dun wanna bother the guy.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2007, 02:16:41 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
I've extensive experience with RPG Maker 2000, personally, but I dropped the program a couple of years ago, as I just couldn't finish any game I started. I guess motivation eventually and inevitably ran out. Making a Metal Max game should be easier than doing most RPGs, as you don't need a complex story (brainstorming took a LOT of time), mainly lots of side-quests.

I still have most of the know-how in my head, but some Metal Max features would be difficult to replicate, for example the BS-Con and certain aspects of tanks (it'd be very hard to make the tanks change visually as you use different parts). Also, regarding the vehicles, I'd need suitable tank graphics that actually fit with the rest of the tilesets.

RPG Maker XP came out after I quit 2000, and it seems to be better overall: new features, higher graphics resolution, support for more audio formats, etc. However, as far as I know, this makes usable graphics harder to get, given SNES might not be a good source anymore, and personally I'm not a good artist so to make the graphics myself. They'll be a problem particularly with original stuff. For example, I had envisioned a town that was actually an old cruise ship ran ashore. It'd be difficult to get a suitable tileset for such area.

Overall, it'd be quite a challenge. =)
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 09:46:05 AM » by threetimes
Metal Saga would be the best game to get hold of, if you can afford it, and it has been reduced in price by a lot.  (You can get it for around $10-20 at Amazon sellers, for example).

If you want lots of customization then it is the best game for that I have ever played. You can do a hell of a lot more than in MMR, as you collect stuff to assemble for the very best weapons, and you have twice as many tanks to play with, and you can paint them all.

I would LOVE a MMORG based on the Metal games, and the stuff in those links looked great.  But only if you could fully customize your tanks and paint them. :D
IP Logged

(Read 11676 times) 1 [2]
Jump to: