major release news ~ the great battle 1-5 in celebration of agtp's 19th

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ The Great Battle 1-5 in Celebration of AGTP's 19th

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 5952 times) [1] 2

Major Release News ~ The Great Battle 1-5 in Celebration of AGTP's 19th
« on: March 07, 2018, 09:12:34 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
On this day it´s been 19 years since AGTP first opened its doors on PCPages, and we have five releases to celebrate!

A couple of months ago I was talking with TheMajinZenki and a few other folks about the English release of Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers, and thinking that it might be nice for folks to have a little context for some of the more esoteric pulls from Banpresto´s back catalog. We got it in our heads that it´d be a fun idea to do all five primary entries in Banpresto´s old The Great Battle series, giving people a glimpse into the history of Fighter Roar, Compatible Kaiser, Dark Brain, and the rest, and we figured that since they were relatively small games individually that it wouldn´t be all that tough to do. The job wasn´t without challenges, but here we have it!

I´ll be posting further updates about the states of various projects tomorrow, but for now I want to give these five games the spotlight. Enjoy!

IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ The Great Battle 1-5 in Celebration of AGTP's 19th
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 12:32:15 PM » by Lucumo
Games with robots in it that complement the SRT franchise are always welcome....and it's also nice to read some news again. Thank you.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 06:06:49 PM » by sylardean
congrats on these 5 releases AG team, looking forward to getting to play these :)
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 07:33:22 AM » by Zynk
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:58:22 AM by Zynk »
Hi Gid! First post on AGTP! ~ehem.

Just gonna report some bugs for TGB2.

1. Seems the titlescreen cursor is missing/invisible. I'm sure I have the correct ROM.

2. In 2 Players mode, The text on top has garbled texts for "Character Select". Also, the graphics name of Great and Roar are still in Japanese, but I would understand if its left out for stylistic purposes.

3. The ending seems to cut off during the end story, automatically brings up the banpresto logo and stuff...
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 10:42:39 AM » by darthvaderx
Titlescreen in Snes9x 1.55 :

(It's normal in Zsnes)
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 11:21:12 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Yep, we were made aware of these shortly after launch. Last night I fixed the GB5 title screen and re-added the cursor to LFT. Planning on doing the 2P select screen over lunch. Updates should be coming fairly soon.

IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 10:44:03 PM » by Zynk
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 01:50:43 AM by Zynk »
As I mentioned before, I can confirm that at the ending of TGB2, the ending gets cut off after this part (see image)

EDIT: I just realized that I played this on Easy Mode. Hard Mode ending must be complete have the complete ending.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 06:09:22 AM » by Zynk
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:18:29 AM by Zynk »
This is for TGB3. Some text bugs in the shop.

The shopkeeper says "Thanks! Your friends need anything?" after picking EXIT, even though playing on 1 player mode. I believe he should only say "Thanks." on one balloon, then "Your friend need anything?" on the next balloon, like the images below:

In the Japanese version, the shopkeeper only says "Thank you very much." then adds "Your friend need anything?" when on 2 player mode.

Also, this line seems to be too low in the balloon:
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 01:27:32 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I'll look into the 1p/2p thing, but the lower line thing is actually expected behavior; it does this in the Japanese version as well.

IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 07:11:59 PM » by jolly_old_saint
Holy hoots. Congrats on the big release! http://i.imgur.com/j021LcB.jpg

Though I don't know if it makes Moon Dwellers any less baffling...you still need OG2nd and OGG for context, right? Better get on translating those, if you ask me. ^v^

(I'm still chipping away at alpha's script as often as I can, by the way...just not making empty promises to get it done soon anymore. >v<) (except that I will ovowb)

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 12:24:19 AM » by Oxinar
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:39:20 AM by Oxinar »
In the TGBIV has a bug in this part, when the head of the armor attacks it goes all the way down and disappears and that way the boss can not be destroyed, in the original unpatched game it does not happen.

" border="0

" border="0

" border="0
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 12:22:22 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Are you using a code to modify the amount of damage an enemy takes? I observed similar behavior in Great Battle 5, but it only happened when I was using a PAR code to make enemies easier to defeat.

IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 01:08:42 PM » by Oxinar
I thought it was because of the code so I decided to play without codes from the beginning of stage 1 until this part and the same bug happens.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 02:28:06 PM » by darthvaderx
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 02:32:20 PM by darthvaderx »
The most important thing about this event is:
Welcome back romhacking scene Gideon Zhi, with so much time without news I thought you were retired definitely, it is a pleasure and a satisfaction to know that you continue actively, thank you ...
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 03:48:01 AM » by Oxinar
In The Great Battle IV go to the offset B422 and change the 05 to 0A fix the problem I have mentioned, played the entire game from start to finish without problem after that.
IP Logged

(Read 5952 times) [1] 2
Jump to: