shin megami tensei - law path baptism

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Asgard - Technical Help / Topic: Shin Megami Tensei - Law Path Baptism

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 771 Members, Latest Member: BlueWizard

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 8969 times) [1]

Shin Megami Tensei - Law Path Baptism
« on: November 23, 2007, 01:45:56 AM » by Erase99
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 09:24:30 AM by Erase99 »
The script or dialogue for the Law Path Baptism doesn't appear to be working. Even if you're pure Law, Haniel will attack you for being Chaotic if you try to initiate the Baptism ceremony in Shinagawa.

I loaded a clean version of the ROM without the English patch and the Baptism goes smoothly without Haniel trying to smite you, so I'm pretty sure this is a result of the patch.

Whether or not this is a problem that can be fixed, I don't know, but it might be worth putting in the Read-Me just to warn people starting the Law Path that they might need to load an unpatched ROM to get past this part of the game. It's an optional part of the game, but required to get the best equipment in the Law path, so it's something most people wouldn't want to just skip, I'd think.

I've also noticed that the Antiques Dealer in Kichijoji won't sell guns with the patch, but I've heard this can't be fixed.
IP Logged

Re: Shin Megami Tensei - Law Path Baptism
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 01:35:56 PM » by Cosmosis
how do i get this to happen? where can i get a clean rom? I'm using ZSNES so how can i open the save file im using with another Rom??
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 11:10:26 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
A. "Where can I get a clean ROM" falls under "no ROM requests."
I think it's time to meet the rules. http://agtp.romhack.net/pantheon/index.php?topic=12.0

B. you realize this thread's been sitting idle since 2007, right? Dude's long gone.

C. From the patch readme:

"
-------------
0.PLEASE NOTE
-------------
DO NOT USE ZSNES WITH THIS GAME.
"

While that admittedly WAS a long time ago, ZSNES is still kind of... not so good. It may be a good idea to change to, say, a recent SNES9x build before something DOES crap out on you.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 11:39:35 AM » by Cosmosis
ok, guess i shouldnt have asked where to get. but say i have it, and with zsnes i'm at the baptism, what do i do? or can i use my zsnes saves with snes9x? please help me if you can, i'm only trying to finish this amazing game!
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 04:39:51 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
In-game saves should be directly portable. Last time I tried, I just had to point the other emulator at the ROM image.
ZSNES has a dedicated save directory these days, doesn't it? You may have to copy the GAMENAME.SRM file over to the same directory as GAMENAME.SMC, or whatever the ROM image is named.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 05:03:19 PM » by Cosmosis
fixed! yeah i just had to get a Japanese rom, rename my .srm to the J Rom name .srm open the J rom, and voila continue from that point in Japanese, and then redo the process back to the patched version. so simply renaming the .srm file. easy
IP Logged

(Read 8969 times) [1]
Jump to: