announcement news ~ announcing hero chronicle

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Announcement News ~ Announcing Hero Chronicle

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11005 Posts, 534 Topics, 751 Members, Latest Member: marySr3illy

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 446 times) [1]

Announcement News ~ Announcing Hero Chronicle
« on: May 10, 2018, 07:28:52 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Today I´m announcing a translation project for Hero Chronicle: Project Olympus. This is a crossover RPG from Winkysoft and Banpresto, who you´ll know from Super Robot Wars. In fact, Masaki Andoh and Shu Shirakawa make appearances as playable characters, and this features the very first appearance of Gilliam Jaeger, a character who will go on to appear in several Super Robot Wars titles. The title screen music from this game actually became Gilliam´s SRW theme starting with the PS2 Super Robot Wars Original Generations titles.

I picked up Hero Chronicle for a number of reasons. First, I wanted to dabble with creating a fully-proportional menu font out of a tiled font, a skill which will serve me well in other projects like Madara 2. Second, Gilliam´s appearance gives this game historical importance amongst Banpresto´s crossover titles. I actually began work on this during the Great Battle endeavor back in January. The script was once again translated by TheMajinZenki, though once again it needs a good edit. And ,as state,d the menus are going to be extremely challenging, but the experience will be a good one and it´s already given me some thoughts on how better to handle the other SNES SRW titles´ menu problems. It´s going to be a bit of a slog to get the rest of the technical work done but I´ve got a good feeling about it.
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Announcement News ~ Announcing Hero Chronicle
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 04:31:21 AM » by Lucumo
This game looks interesting for sure. Will look out for it in the future.
IP Logged

(Read 446 times) [1]
Jump to: