major release news ~ super robot wars gaiden: the elemental lords

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Super Robot Wars Gaiden: The Elemental Lords

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11021 Posts, 539 Topics, 763 Members, Latest Member: ioev

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 1827 times) [1]

Major Release News ~ Super Robot Wars Gaiden: The Elemental Lords
« on: May 22, 2018, 07:53:00 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Today AGTP releases a complete translation for Super Robot Wars Gaiden: The Elemental Lords. This title details the very beginning of the saga surrounding Banpresto´s first original Super Robot War character, and includes aboslutely no licensed units: the story and characters are all entirely original. The art style additionally is non-SD and the game includes several additional tactical elements not present in other SRW titles. It is, in fact, as ideal entrypoint as possible for anyone not familiar with the series.

The translation is complete and without any known issues. Enjoy!
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Super Robot Wars Gaiden: The Elemental Lords
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 05:24:55 PM » by jolly_old_saint
Congrats on the release! (But I liked ethereal dining table return...)

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 09:30:46 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 12:08:26 AM » by Lucumo
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:13:35 AM by Lucumo »
Awesome, another SRT release. Thank you for your work.

How is the story compared to Super Robot Taisen EX? Both games seem to focus on Masou.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 05:46:51 AM » by Zynk
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 07:54:25 AM by Zynk »
Found a typo. "Posessed" should be "Possessed"

----
Another typo. "Allyt" there's a stray "t"

----
A nitpick on the paragraphing on this scene. The 2ND image has only one word in it while the 3RD looks like it should be a continuation of the 2ND image. Not sure if you could squeeze the word "things" on the 1ST image.

1ST
2ND
3RD
 ----
A nitpick, "I'm not good [with] this kind of thing"
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 09:38:51 AM » by juef
Congrats on the release! Just a quick note: the readme says the ROM size is 4,194,304 bytes. The ROM I have is 3,145,728 bytes and applying the patch to it seems to work fine. Is the readme wrong, or is the problem with my ROM?
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 10:04:00 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
The rom size thing is because when I started on the patch back in the day, NoIntro wasn't a thing. Until after the release I wasn't even aware that there were multiple revisions of the rom! I should have an updated patch out in a day or two, but until then it should be fine.

@zynk: The paragraphing issue you've posted is because I've got the game's text printer automatically formatting boxes, but I left the opportunity for <sect> commands in the engine. They should all have been removed, but with a script this size (we're talking a megabyte of text) it's absolutely within the realm of possibility that a few things snuck through. Again, I'll have a look and that should be fixed in this weekend's update.

IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 05:58:00 PM » by MrPyntieHet
Loving it all so far; it's nice to finally get the background stories of so many Banpresto Original characters.

Only bug/issue I've encountered (other than what others have mentioned) is with line wrapping on the "Boost Arms" screen when upgrading certain map weapons:

IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 08:01:57 AM » by Zynk
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:08:16 AM by Zynk »
Nitpick on this part. I think "misunderstanding." can fit in that large blank space after "I think you might be"

----
And in this dialog correction, "...keep an eye [on] the radar!"

----
There's a bug on the selection message where Ricardo is hiding from Tytti.

----
Correction: "...you'd just waste it all [on] gambling..."

----
Typo: It should be "FILLS me with joy" not "FEELS me with joy"

IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 12:49:10 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Nitpick on this part. I think "misunderstanding." can fit in that large blank space after "I think you might be"

These are all calculated automatically. If there's a linebreak here it's because the algorithm has determined that the word ("misunderstanding.") can't fit on the line.

I've fixed the rest though.

IP Logged

(Read 1827 times) [1]
Jump to: