major release news ~ shin megami tensei if... v1.00

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Shin Megami Tensei if... v1.00

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11043 Posts, 545 Topics, 780 Members, Latest Member: jnmoors01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 4001 times) [1]

Major Release News ~ Shin Megami Tensei if... v1.00
« on: October 25, 2018, 08:07:43 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
It´s been a long road, but today AGTP releases a complete translation for Shin Megami Tensei if... on the Super Nintendo/Super Famicom. For me personally this journey has encompassed a second undergraduate degree, a cross-country move, a complete career change, multiple periods of both employment and unemployment, the licensure of one of our translation patches, and the beginnings of a family, in addition to having to deal with several project-related IRC and Discord raids, hate speech, and generalized harassment from the SMT community at large. It´s done, and I *will* maintain the patch should anyone find any bugs or typos. But that´s it.

I do this for the enjoyment of the process, to challenge myself to produce work of ever-higher caliber. if... hits a high enough bar at this point that I´m satisfied releasing it. I hope everyone who´s been clamoring for the patch gets some enjoyment out of it; I´ll let the game speak for itself.

With Majin Tensei 2 being mostly done elsewhere, don´t expect any further Megami Tensei work out of AGTP. No updated patch for SMT1, no back-porting of if...´s work into SMT2, no Majin Tensei 1. I´m done. To those who were looking forward to the aforementioned, I truly apologize. Maybe focus on cleaning up your community.

And now, I´m going on vacation.
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Shin Megami Tensei if... v1.00
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 11:08:15 AM » by KingMike
License of one of your translation patches?

I guess you mean Magical Drop 2.
I thought I read an article or video or something about a Data East compilation that mentioned Dark Lord and then I wondered if that was anything official or not.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 11:37:44 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I thought I read an article or video or something about a Data East compilation that mentioned Dark Lord and then I wondered if that was anything official or not.

Dark Lord is still under discussion at the moment. With all the stress I've been under the last few weeks - and smtif was only part of that - I've unfortunately been slow to respond in my correspondence..

IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 10:55:37 PM » by salvatration
Got a lockup when I try to boot the game. Happens directly after the Atlus logo. Read-me said to post this to The Pantheon, and I don't see a bug report thread or anything unless I'm literally blind, so here it is. I tried both Direct3D and OpenGL.
https://imgur.com/a/bCyAv4R
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 08:18:49 AM » by ratix00
thank you,

This is one of the many games I had hoped to see. I've always waited on many translations you've announced and never popped in to discuss anything. You've always done top notch translations and have always given that extra polish. I will be playing this game an awful lot and await further releases of the other games you have in progress. I know these things take a great deal of time. So far the game works on the powerpak with no issues.

Got a lockup when I try to boot the game. Happens directly after the Atlus logo. Read-me said to post this to The Pantheon, and I don't see a bug report thread or anything unless I'm literally blind, so here it is. I tried both Direct3D and OpenGL.
have you tried to patch a different image of the game? you can also try to use snespurify to clean up the image. rom info says to patch it with the image carrying this CRC32: 4DD73CBA
it is also found here.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3951/
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 10:45:52 AM » by Xanathis

Make sure to use a clean version of the rom (no-intro). There's several other dumps floating around out there, including at least one trainered version, that won't work properly with the patch.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 01:49:33 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Harassment over a translation project someone does entirely free of charge and as part of a hobby that's supposed to be fun?

The nerve of some people...

Great work, Gid.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 11:23:39 PM » by MKUltra91
Hello there from Argentina. A few hours ago I discovered that they released the patch, but after a short time of playing it, the following happened to me: I fight against a demon, and when the fight ends, I raise the level but instead of going up one level, I go up to the maximum, giving me all the points to fill up my status toope. I almost forgot, when starting the game and eat with the statistics between 23 and 24 points respectively. I do not know if this happens to someone else, but I would like you to solve this problem as soon as you return on vacation. It does not have any grace to advance with all its states to the maximum, it seems as if it were playing with cheat codes ... I do not know if I understand it.

Out of all this, I thank you very much for giving us the patch, and bacisamente had lost the faith that they were going to release.

https://imgur.com/kxFX2sj
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 11:04:20 AM » by Xanathis
Hello there from Argentina. A few hours ago I discovered that they released the patch, but after a short time of playing it, the following happened to me: I fight against a demon, and when the fight ends, I raise the level but instead of going up one level, I go up to the maximum, giving me all the points to fill up my status toope. I almost forgot, when starting the game and eat with the statistics between 23 and 24 points respectively. I do not know if this happens to someone else, but I would like you to solve this problem as soon as you return on vacation. It does not have any grace to advance with all its states to the maximum, it seems as if it were playing with cheat codes ... I do not know if I understand it.

Out of all this, I thank you very much for giving us the patch, and bacisamente had lost the faith that they were going to release.

https://imgur.com/kxFX2sj

You didn't use a clean rom. The one you patched was the trainered version that's hacked to make you go to level 99 instantly. Look at the readme file that comes with the patch, it explains how to tell if you have the right version of the rom.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 11:54:35 AM » by fuck David Cage
Can someone please link to a ROM that will work without immediately sending me to level 99?  I tried all the ROMs I could find and none of them worked.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 12:19:04 PM » by Xanathis
Can someone please link to a ROM that will work without immediately sending me to level 99?  I tried all the ROMs I could find and none of them worked.

Search for the "no-intro" version of the rom.
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 02:51:06 PM » by Dasvaun Let us cling together as the years go by
Old fan with a long lost account. Figured this news was worth making a new one.
What you managed to create is definitely worth celebrating. Shame about the dark abyss that is the community.

That vactation is definitely well deserved. Hope you enjoy.
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2018, 01:49:03 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
... the beginnings of a family...
Congratulations!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 4001 times) [1]
Jump to: