major release news ~ super robot wars ex

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Super Robot Wars EX

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11057 Posts, 547 Topics, 801 Members, Latest Member: HoseaEwan

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 2535 times) [1]

Major Release News ~ Super Robot Wars EX
« on: December 24, 2018, 04:50:42 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Sixteen years ago, AGTP released a translation for Super Robot Wars 3. Today, we release the immediate followup: Super Robot Wars EX. Lots of progress has been made in those years, and the work done to EX presents a new gold standard for translation hacking to the SNES SRW primary canon. The release is complete and should be issue-free; enjoy!

As an aside, the work on EX has been successfully back-ported to Super Robot Wars 3, and an update to that patch that both fixes the numerous name translation mistakes and improves the technical presentation is in the works. A further update on that is forthcoming. In the meantime, EX works well as a stand-alone game or as a mid-story palette-cleanser for The Elemental Lords.

Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Super Robot Wars EX
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 09:24:39 PM » by gamerk2
Out of curiosity, will the updates to SRW 3 include a Music Persistence patch?

Otherwise, great work, and here's hoping the OG series will be completely translated sooner rather then later.
IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Super Robot Wars EX
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 10:59:57 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I'm hoping the new SRW3 release will include optional music persistence in the same way that EX and Masoukishin have, yes, but I'm not promising anything yet. I've made some progress on this front but of all the SRW3 work done and to be done, it's the one real remaining unsolved problem.

IP Logged

(Read 2535 times) [1]
Jump to: