last flick you watched?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Last Flick You Watched?

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11017 Posts, 538 Topics, 768 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 26358 times) 1 2 3 [4]

Re: Last Flick You Watched?
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2008, 01:24:46 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
The iron man flick could be decent, but it is a super hero flick, and you know those are extremely hit or miss.

I personally hate it when Hollywood screws up the origin story or things like WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD! in Spiderman webbing didn't have to be made and loaded into a web shooter
I can live with changes in the technical details, long as they get the theme and spirit right.

The web shooters weren't totally outside Spiderman's concept. I mean, he does everything ELSE a spider can because he was bit by a radioactive*backspace*retrovirus-laden spider. The webshooters were just a mild tweak.

And changing the spider itself just made sense(even though the spider didn't die or get caught, making a minor plot-hole that hopefully no one ever explores)
Similarly, Sandman being caught in a "particle physics" experiment instead of a nuclear test was a good call.

Everyone knows radiation causes cancer, not super powers.
But genetic engineering and particle physics? That's just a big ol' question mark to the movie-going public, much like nuclear radiation was back then.

What I DID complain about in that franchise had nothing to do with Spidey at all.

It was the neurochip in Doc Ock's arms that was supposed to be manipulating him to do evil that really annoyed me. Not only did it make no sense at all for it to be there., but...
Let's face it, we have an obsessive genius whose pet project has just blown up in a quite spectacular manner, publicly shaming him, ruining his life's work, hideously disfiguring him, and killing his wife of many years. I think there's MORE than enough content there for a mental breakdown WITHOUT being possessed by an evil AI, and the chip was just a cheap plot hack to avoid having to do actual CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT on Doc Ock.
And despite that, Spidey 2 was STILL a damn good movie(if you could ignore their COMPLETELY fucked-up concept of nuclear fusion, which I had a very difficult time doing).

Now, X-Men 3... that's more the kind of thing WORTH complaining about. They overhauled everything, for the sake of making it less like the source material. Not updated, not streamlined, just different. And I'm pretty sure the producer was complaining that the first 2 had laid so much comic book groundwork that he couldn't just ignore.
It's a damn shame X3 was the price we had to pay for Superman Returns.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2008, 02:02:13 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight

Now that is something that I can agree with. Also, did anyone watch the Oscars?

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2008, 03:44:08 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 12:14:01 AM by JayBee »
Also, did anyone watch the Oscars?
Nope. I heard some people were disappointed, though...

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2008, 02:32:10 PM » by Viral
I watched the Oscars, it was borish. 

Rawr
IP Logged

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2008, 01:06:06 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Ironically, i just saw Superman Returns again last night.

I said it before, I'll say it again. Spacey-Luthor will **** you UP.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2008, 04:24:26 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
I just saw Vantage Point today. If you haven't seen it yet, you should.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2008, 06:19:49 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
The iron man flick could be decent, but it is a super hero flick, and you know those are extremely hit or miss.

I personally hate it when Hollywood screws up the origin story or things like WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD! in Spiderman webbing didn't have to be made and loaded into a web shooter
I can live with changes in the technical details, long as they get the theme and spirit right.

The web shooters weren't totally outside Spiderman's concept. I mean, he does everything ELSE a spider can because he was bit by a radioactive*backspace*retrovirus-laden spider. The webshooters were just a mild tweak.

And changing the spider itself just made sense(even though the spider didn't die or get caught, making a minor plot-hole that hopefully no one ever explores)
Similarly, Sandman being caught in a "particle physics" experiment instead of a nuclear test was a good call.

Everyone knows radiation causes cancer, not super powers.
But genetic engineering and particle physics? That's just a big ol' question mark to the movie-going public, much like nuclear radiation was back then.

What I DID complain about in that franchise had nothing to do with Spidey at all.

It was the neurochip in Doc Ock's arms that was supposed to be manipulating him to do evil that really annoyed me. Not only did it make no sense at all for it to be there., but...
Let's face it, we have an obsessive genius whose pet project has just blown up in a quite spectacular manner, publicly shaming him, ruining his life's work, hideously disfiguring him, and killing his wife of many years. I think there's MORE than enough content there for a mental breakdown WITHOUT being possessed by an evil AI, and the chip was just a cheap plot hack to avoid having to do actual CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT on Doc Ock.
And despite that, Spidey 2 was STILL a damn good movie(if you could ignore their COMPLETELY fucked-up concept of nuclear fusion, which I had a very difficult time doing).

Now, X-Men 3... that's more the kind of thing WORTH complaining about. They overhauled everything, for the sake of making it less like the source material. Not updated, not streamlined, just different. And I'm pretty sure the producer was complaining that the first 2 had laid so much comic book groundwork that he couldn't just ignore.

hmm  I recall in atleast one comic timeline if my moms comic collection wasn't lost in that fire years back I could tell for sure

the last movie I watched was "Clue" yesterday for the 54th time I love that movie
IP Logged

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2008, 08:45:18 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I saw In Bruges last week. It was pretty good!

IP Logged

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2008, 09:16:16 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Let's Go To Prison.

If you've never seen it, save yourself some sanity. You'll laugh, but you will walk away a more disturbed individual than when you started.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2008, 07:01:43 PM » by Viral
Let's Go To Prison.

If you've never seen it, save yourself some sanity. You'll laugh, but you will walk away a more disturbed individual than when you started.

Oooh, something to rent this weekend.

Rawr
IP Logged

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2008, 11:59:08 AM » by KYTE The Zombie Hunter Extraordinaire!
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
=D

It was amazing.

Now I'm dying to play La~Mulana

IP Logged

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2008, 12:43:22 AM » by Viral
Watched a Supernatural Thriller called Angel Heart.

Rawr
IP Logged

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2008, 03:01:26 PM » by Keiseth The Mimic
Kung-Fu Hustle. Again. For the fifth time or so. I never get enough of that movie.
IP Logged

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2008, 10:01:24 PM » by Guncannoneer
They were playing the Death Note live action movie at one of our theaters for a few days only.  My friend dragged me along to it.

Despite the irritating as hell anime fans, mostly the girls, who were unbearably noisy and immature during the whole thing, it was a solid movie.  Good dubbing, accurate conversion of anime to live action, a complete lack of on-screen translations which made it confusing when they'd show a bunch of Japanese.  Better than I expected in any case.

If I go to another one of these I'll ask the theater to get an usher ready beforehand.
IP Logged

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2008, 06:47:16 AM » by Viral
Watched Blazing Saddles again, I'm getting the 30th anniversery DVD in a few days, huzzah!

Rawr
IP Logged

(Read 26358 times) 1 2 3 [4]
Jump to: