guest: to continue the email discussion...

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Guest: To continue the email discussion...

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 2311 times) [1]

Guest: To continue the email discussion...
« on: December 08, 2007, 11:36:16 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Aha, that file must have, eheh, gotten "lost in translation." -_-; Messaged Deuce about it.

Far as the two not-compressed blocks go, I've already got them extracted from the game - in fact, MKendora was nice enough to write a tool to extract all of the binaries, make a list of everything, then put everything back in, realigning where necessary, when provided with replacement encoded binaries. The file-by-file approach doesn't work well for me; I like having all of my text insertable at once. It's proving to be a bit of a pain :p

Further, there's one other issue that needs to be resolved; there's a buffer overrun problem if too many characters show up in the text window. Shouldn't be hard to fix/improve, but I haven't looked into it yet. (Want to get LaL 2.0 out first, whee.)

Lastly, I'll grant you either High Order or Betatester access, which should let you view some of the hidden forums, not that there's much there right now...

IP Logged

Re:
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 11:27:47 PM » by firlet357
MKendora knows how to write utils. ;)

The last point was the menu / item strings. Menus use several strings in RAM (16-bit local RAM table @ FA2A-FA3E) for around 8 entries. Items get loaded from $02:800E-956D. One of those 16-bit offset tables. Probably can modify the dumper to handle both (tomorrow perhaps).

Will upload the notes and tools if something gets done. Email using the drop account.

Betatester = no. Haven't done sw/hw testing since the old MS days.
High Order = depends. If you need some things to stay in private talk, then go ahead. Otherwise, not much need for a title upgrade. ;)
IP Logged

Re: Guest: To continue the email discussio
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 07:13:30 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
If you have a betatester title it doesn't necessarily mean you *are* one, it just means you can view the forums :) Thanks though, the script is being doublechecked for files that got missed during the translation process.

IP Logged

(Read 2311 times) [1]
Jump to: