problem with roms

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Asgard - Technical Help / Topic: Problem with Roms

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 4852 times) [1]

Problem with Roms
« on: December 21, 2007, 01:42:17 AM » by Viral
I have an unusual problem with my roms, when I play them in their untranslated state, they work ok, but when I patch them up and attempt a play, they either don't work or freeze a few seconds into play.  Now I figure its that I am probably applying the wrong type of the rom to the patch.  But, I dunno, what do you think? I tried playing them in both ZSNES and SNES9x

Rawr
IP Logged

Re: Problem with Roms
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 01:55:32 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
read the "README"
read the "README"
read the "README"
read the "README"

HEADER error: please try again

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 12:42:57 PM » by Dsvaun
If you are still stuck, read through the FORUMS.  I'm sure it's been mentioned at least a hundred times.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 04:14:59 AM » by Viral
How queer this is, I did as you said.  Renamed the patch and the rom so that they are the same.  I removed the header on the game (the game I'm messing with currently is Metal Max of course.)  But it still persist.  Really now, this is just making me feel stupid....er.

Rawr
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 09:32:46 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
after removing the header did you try patchibg outside the emu;ator and/or idoes the readme say the rom needs to be deinterlaced

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 03:16:02 AM » by Viral
I didn't see anything about the interlace thing, but I was doing it afterwards.  Which was the problem, thanks for pointing that out.

Rawr
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 05:37:51 PM » by LGB I hate footsoldiers
Though this isn't exactly "advice", make sure you are looking at the readme, and make sure to use GoodSNES/Tools to check it and compare it to the values specified in the readme. (if there are any, which there usually is) Also, make sure you aren't patching a .zip file itself. I doubt you are, but it is something to watch for.

Oh and again, read that readme, it's a rule for posting here.

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.
IP Logged

(Read 4852 times) [1]
Jump to: