improving the registration procedure

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Asgard - Technical Help / Topic: Improving the registration procedure

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11018 Posts, 538 Topics, 757 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3585 times) [1]

Improving the registration procedure
« on: December 22, 2007, 03:47:29 AM » by EaterBrain Shin Getter's Voice of Reason
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 05:31:27 PM by EaterBrain »
You can take this seriously or just humor me, but I think
something like this to a forum registration procedure significantly somewhat improves the quality if posts on said forum.

Maybe Pantheon can use a similar procedure? Even simplified and shortened to a minimum it'd be more effective than the BEFORE POSTING thingy since some users manage to post silly questions in the very same forum where that topic is stickied.
IP Logged

Re: Improving the registration procedure
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 10:46:17 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I really don't think this is necessary or helpful; I mean people will still ask stupid questions no mater what, it's just a fact of life

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 05:40:31 PM » by EaterBrain Shin Getter's Voice of Reason
The problem is that people only ask same  3 or 4 stupid questions over and over.
But there's no statistical data as to how effective this technique really is, so it might as well be absolutely useless for all we know.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 06:33:30 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 06:36:54 PM by Sume Gai »
perhaps a better Idea would be to create a Sticky topic of Frequently Asked Questions in the Technical Help (Asgard) forum

I know this is pretty much covered by the "BEFORE POSTING" topic (because all these FAQs are answered in the readme) but still...

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 08:02:47 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Mayhaps, instead, make a page similar to the legal agreement most sites have for registration, only instead of a "Yes, I read what I should have" checkbox, isntead, have three randomly and two not randomly generated questions that are answered in the document, which basically would go over the rules and infamous ReadME issue. Of course, without these questions answered, postin' ability is disallowed until the questions are answered.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 08:30:13 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Mayhaps, instead, make a page similar to the legal agreement most sites have for registration, only instead of a "Yes, I read what I should have" checkbox, isntead, have three randomly and two not randomly generated questions that are answered in the document, which basically would go over the rules and infamous ReadME issue. Of course, without these questions answered, postin' ability is disallowed until the questions are answered.
Seconded.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

(Read 3585 times) [1]
Jump to: