happy new year's day.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Happy New Year's day.

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 763 Members, Latest Member: lahmndras01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 6776 times) [1] 2

Happy New Year's day.
« on: December 30, 2007, 11:42:25 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Happy New Year to come when it's actually New Year in my East-Coast timezone. Either way, I declare 2007 "The year that passed way too freakin' quickly". What was 2007 for you all?

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

Re: Happy New Year's day.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 01:16:40 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Complete shit.

Got hit by a pick-up, which also totaled my Motor-Bike, Dad (Whom I live with) lost his job, so i have to support him, myself, my mom, my half-sister and her baby daughter on a near starter hourly wage from retail... Lost a lot of respect among many I usually associate with, political garbage annoys me (Bush, I'm lookin' at ye...),  overly religious zealots wouldn't leave me alone and to top it all off, one of my cats got out while a neighbor spread rat poison and now he can't eat anythin' without havin' diahria. Oh yeah, Chris RPG died, too.

So yeah...

Two-Thousand-Seven. Shit in yer hat and die.  Good ridance.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 04:22:50 AM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 08:05:34 PM by Dsvaun »
When you're in college, the year goes by too fast to remember what crap some people found important.  As with any year, the highlight is the booze you drink when the year is over.  As for games, I actually don't remember much other than the fact that I played some.  Some of the ones that stand out very much  are good ones though, such as Persona 3 and SRW Alpha 3.  I guess 3 is a lucky number.

As for the pantheon, Gideon Zhi made a prediction that came true.  Earlier this year he mentioned that 2007 would be an interesting year for SRW.  While this may have been in the context of one of his translations (which 90% of the people on this site are waiting for), it certainly was interesting.  SRW Original Generations was released for the PS2 was released to celebrate 15 years for the series (Although it was delayed a few months).  That same game had a demo for SRW OGs Gaiden which just came out a few days ago if I'm not mistaken.  Banpresto announced that it's gaming division would be absorbed into Bandai while they would focus on arcade machines starting 2008.  Studio Llama added quite a few SRW games to their project list (Including F and F Final), and of course Gideon announced SRW Alpha with a translated script.  While there aren't any new SRW games in english (although there are plenty of other good games released) there has been much progress.  Better luck next year I guess.

As for the year in general however, it turns out 7 wasn't the lucky number.  This year went down the crapper for me, so next year will probably leak out of the septic tank and into the yard.  To everyone out there who reads the pantheon, Happy Day That Involves Drinking Lots of Alcohol for no major reason, or just Happy New Year!  Here's to another year I have to spend sober.............
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 10:08:12 AM » by Lechise Inohara Tutonic Warrior
Well, astrologicaly, this was the year of the fire pig... So... *Drags out a roast pig*... Though, it would appear someone has wished the interesting times curse on the world this year.

For me, it was hell in a hamster ball, since, due to issues with school work, I have missed 99% of all my vacation days, yes, even summer vacation from earlier this year (Heck, I'm only speaking right now because I'm on lunch break.) Then, as arle mentioned, there was bush, but he's been here for the past four years (HOW THE HELL?!)... Lets see, I had four wisdom teeth removed at the same time, yet had to put up with my step-dad whining and bitching about a little tooth ache (Bitch, you want a tooth ache? Try having your gums cut open and having four teeth yanked from your head! And I hardly complained after all that!), I also found out that I have a bone spurr in my left knee, which has been the source of my pain every time I have to kneel down on a hard surface... And just about all the floors in my house are hard surfaces... Going back to summer, because of contstruction on an addition, we had to go without AC for three months in one-hundred degree heat.

But, it hasn't been all bad... I just can't remember all the good things right off...

"My breathing... My eyes... And my footwork! To your sight... and to your mind! Memorize these! This is Shinsanken's special... Sengazanken!" - Roshi
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 02:14:38 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
my year wasn't too bad

school was a bitch at times but i made it through with some perseverance

and we also had TTGL, Code Geass and a new Gundam series; on the other hand the GaoGaiGar dub fell though and Geneon died (or something)

as far as gaming goes there was Phoenix Write 2&3 as well as prime 3 and FE 10 and of coures Super Mario Galaxy ( along with U R MR GAY from the box art) only thing missing is SSBB

2007 great for R2 amine bad for R1 anime and good for games

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 06:33:14 PM » by Chibi Kami
This year, I encountered way to many hyper-religious nutbars who can't understand that the creation story as described in Genesis exists solely because ancient cultures couldn't begin to understand microbiology and evolution.

I also found out that Lucifer isn't the devil, nor is Satan. Some dude named Iblis is.
Lucifer was the name (or title; I'm not sure) of a Babylonian king and Satan is YHVH's destroyer aspect.

Oh, and Jerry Falwell (intolerant zealot, and bastard who duped christianic America out of 8 million dollars back in the early '90s) died. Yays!

...come to think of it, I've had too many close encounters with pseudoreligious situations this year...

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 06:35:26 PM » by Keiseth The Mimic
My friend whom I was staying with suddenly got sick of my presence and kicked me out with no notice, in the spring. So that sucked.

I moved in with my uncle, but he's often idiotically quick to anger and the sort that blame never, ever falls on, so that isn't all too pleasant.

And other boring stuff. It pretty much sucked. Oddly enough this same thing happened the year before, more or less, where I moved out of the nasty apartment I was in to move in with that friend.

From what I've read in this topic, "this year sucked" is mostly the general consensus. So here's to a better 2008, Pantheon.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 11:47:26 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
50 or so minutes late, but happy New Year to those on the East Coast!

And to those who posted: May 08 be blessed for all of you!

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 04:44:49 PM » by SilvrDragn23112 Dragoon of the Bahamut Order
Better late than never, I suppose...

Happy new year to everyone! I hope it's a wonderful year for everyone, and I look forward to everything that will come of this year.

~SilvrDragn23112
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 11:02:52 AM » by Lechise Inohara Tutonic Warrior
My friend whom I was staying with suddenly got sick of my presence and kicked me out with no notice, in the spring. So that sucked.

I moved in with my uncle, but he's often idiotically quick to anger and the sort that blame never, ever falls on, so that isn't all too pleasant.

And other boring stuff. It pretty much sucked. Oddly enough this same thing happened the year before, more or less, where I moved out of the nasty apartment I was in to move in with that friend.

From what I've read in this topic, "this year sucked" is mostly the general consensus. So here's to a better 2008, Pantheon.
And if it isn't better, we always have this *holds up a container with a bio-hazard sticker on it and text reading "Warning, toxic health drink"

"My breathing... My eyes... And my footwork! To your sight... and to your mind! Memorize these! This is Shinsanken's special... Sengazanken!" - Roshi
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 04:26:20 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
So thats where it went.

I was wondering what happened to that after the AGGF Christmas party

IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 06:51:33 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Put that away before I call the EPA.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 02:03:07 PM » by Lechise Inohara Tutonic Warrior
Put that away before I call the EPA.
Awww, but it's all shiny... and I think it called me momma o.o

IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 03:02:02 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 03:04:01 PM by Sume Gai »
It is a class 5 toxic material after all

(note class 5's are "unfit for consumption by or contact with living organisms")

IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 05:55:12 PM » by Dsvaun
I know the health drinks taste bad, but how long has that bottle been out for something to grow?
IP Logged

(Read 6776 times) [1] 2
Jump to: