what games would you like to see get trans

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: What games would you like to see get trans

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10991 Posts, 531 Topics, 745 Members, Latest Member: Shakku

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 121811 times) 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Re: What games would you like to see get trans
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2009, 10:48:41 PM » by SkyeWelse On a quest to find Xanadu!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:51:45 PM by SkyeWelse »
Man, there are so many games that I'd surely love to see get translated, but if I had to pick only three, I'd pick the following since they are not only worthy of a translation, but would fit in very well with the already existing lineup of SFC / AARPG titles AGTP has already worked on in the past.

1. Ys V - Sand City of Kefin. - SFC - I know that you all have this listed as a project already, and also that it is apparently a beast to hack, but please don't give up on it. You are the English speaking Ys community's only hope of ever seeing the fifth game in English, and most fans say it is one of the best in the series. If there is anything that fans could help out on should this project get started up again, please don't hesitate to let us know. I know several of us that would bend over backwards to see this be a finished project.

2. Xak: The Art of Visual Stage - SFC
Xak is a older AARPG series that got it's start back in the day on some of the older Japanese computer hardware, such as the PC-88, PC-98 and MSX. Most of the MSX games have been fan-translated, as well as the spinoff, Fray in Magical Adventure. And the first one (MSX version) even got picked up for an official translation by Woomb.net, which is no longer in service. Some of their stuff went to Project Egg. Anyway, it's a great series and only one installment was ever on the SFC, the first one, which was developed by Sunsoft. It's got a completely different look and feel to the game from the MSX incarnation, but extremely fun none-the-less which will remind many people of Zelda 3, Lagoon and Ys. Awhile ago, I was hopelessly obsessed with the series and made one of the largest tribute sites to Xak that any English fan could ever imagine. Feel free to check it out sometime, I'd appreciate it. : )

www.miraigamer.net/xyz

3. Wander Wonder - PC.
Wander Wonder is a game that most people have never heard about, developed by Compile in 2000, makers of so many classic games and some of my all time favorites such as the Guardian Legend and Golvellius. This game is a MUST play for anyone that enjoys a good challenging ARPG. The game itself mostly plays like the first Alundra for PSX, with many Zelda series references and styles, a bit of Ys again, and a item/equipment drop system similar to Diablo. The art style is kickass and the puzzles are intense! When you play it, it is hard to imagine that Gamefaqs had never even heard of it before. I had to list the game, screens and boxart myself. And I'm happy I did, because if I can the knowledge of this game to others to try it, then that is one step closer to possibly seeing it in English one day.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/home/959707.html

Thanks for looking and keep up the good work everyone!

-Thomas
www.miraigamer.net
www.cavestory.org
www.adventym.com
IP Logged

Re: What games would you like to see get t
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2009, 10:54:58 PM » by kvachu
Well, for WSC there is a few nice games for example Arc the Lad - Kijin Fukkatsu. When I first saw few games in japanesse for SNES or WSC I even started to learn the language because I know they will never be translated/released in english. Walking and pushing button to everything is not my style, I like to know what's going on in game.
IP Logged

« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2009, 12:48:07 AM » by kando
i'd love to see all 3 romancing saga's translated :P

one can only hope tho ^__^
IP Logged

« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2009, 04:50:17 PM » by cenares
While I can think of many games worthy of translation, I would have to choose:

Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gihren no Yabou (Gihren's Ambition)

and

Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gihren no Yabou, Zeon no Keifu
(Mobile Suit Gundam: Gihren's Greed: Blood of Zeon)

The reason I would pick these  games to translate is because there are no current translations for these games; from everything I've heard about them, their great games; and there aren't a whole lot of good strategy gundam games.
Here's a few links to some good info on these games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gihren%27s_Greed
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/home/577888.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/saturn/home/574197.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/saturn/file/574197/35585
IP Logged

« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2009, 07:44:00 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
i'd love to see all 3 romancing saga's translated :P

one can only hope tho ^__^

The first has been remade to be infinitely better and released out of Japan, AGTP is gettin' along with RS2 and RS3 has already been translated by Mana Sword.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2009, 09:11:56 AM » by LoneWolf
They should translate the entire rushing beat series. The japanese versions had a story that linked the entire trilogy together, but were removed in the US versions. They even turned a white guy black, no lie.

There's a 2 part video up, compairing the US/EUR versions with the japanes original's.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo-1vxd-ZcE'
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdpI4KajPlw

It'd be intresting to see gideon translate this series of games, and they wouldn't take them all that lone either (With the exception of shura.)
IP Logged

« Reply #126 on: December 21, 2009, 07:58:40 PM » by kando
would you consider the mana sword translation a full translation? i always assumed it wasnt completed, but im gonna go check out out now :D
IP Logged

« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2009, 09:55:13 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
It's rather dodgey at times, given that Mana Sword isn't a native speaker, but it conveys the general idea decently enough and he hacked in a special feature.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2009, 08:58:59 AM » by KingMike
Someone should make a real font width hack.
Such as needing a savestate hacking program to de-T E R R A N I G M A the player name. :P
Though it was understandable at the time, as there were very few ASM hackers then.
I hear the rest was like compressed graphics (again, due to lack of ASM hackers) and credits (nobody able to properly romanize the kanji?).
IP Logged

« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2010, 04:28:29 PM » by Atrushan
Oh so many I would like to see translated.

Ginga no San-nin for NES

Jojo Kimyou na Bouken for SNES (even though it looks like crap, but I'm a gigantic fan of Jojo)

Emerald Dragon for anything but the SNES (you can tell by my name and pic that I really like Emerald Dragon)

The PS2 Phantasy Star remakes (never gonna happen)

Record of Lodoss War for SNES (someone was working on it, but stopped after translating the dialogue)

And... dang I know I have so many more, but I can never remember things when I need to T_T

Massu´╗┐ ain't ded!
IP Logged

« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2010, 01:51:34 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
And... dang I know I have so many more, but I can never remember things when I need to T_T
No rush, the thread isn't going anywhere.

And while it's up... BioMotor Unitron 2.
A COMPLETE translation for Cardfighters Clash 2 would be nice, too.

God dammit, SNK, would it have killed you to keep the American branch open just a few more months so the NGPC could go out on a high note?
Well, okay, it probably would've, given you went bankrupt a few months later ANYWAYS, but... it couldn't have been any WORSE.

And while I mentioned it before, Etoile Princess bears re-mentioning, just to expose people to it again.

I quit playing it because the general lack of any idea what I was doing over-rode the gameplay and cute factor. Had a bag full of items and no clue what they did. Except for the berries that restored my HP. I DID accidentally find out you can switch party members, though.  Which renewed interest for a little while.

I've actually seen a lot of JPC games that could use some eyes turned on them... but none of those other games take place in the magical kingdom of FAIL LAND!
http://www2.plala.or.jp/yasinoue/oldgame/image/etpr2.JPG
And there's the map shot to prove it!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2010, 08:22:04 PM » by Atrushan
I remember some more: Keitai Denjuu Telefang 2 Power and Speed versions for the GBA.

And... I forgot the rest again. Dagnabbit.

Massu´╗┐ ain't ded!
IP Logged

« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2010, 03:03:10 PM » by Killmore Insta-death spell level 2.
And while I mentioned it before, Etoile Princess bears re-mentioning, just to expose people to it again.

I quit playing it because the general lack of any idea what I was doing over-rode the gameplay and cute factor. Had a bag full of items and no clue what they did. Except for the berries that restored my HP. I DID accidentally find out you can switch party members, though.  Which renewed interest for a little while.

I've actually seen a lot of JPC games that could use some eyes turned on them... but none of those other games take place in the magical kingdom of FAIL LAND!

That 'N' looks more like an 'R' to me.
IP Logged

« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2010, 12:40:38 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.

That 'N' looks more like an 'R' to me.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/DragonamsterJB/fail.jpg

This font's a bit clearer.
It's also the only english on the disks. :(

Maybe FAIL-LAND refers to their english skills?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2010, 04:25:00 PM » by KingMike
Ginga no San-nin for NES
I have a translated script, gotta edit/test. Most hacking seems to be finished, still got some small fixes to do.
IP Logged

(Read 121811 times) 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
Jump to: