what games would you like to see get trans

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: What games would you like to see get trans

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 125349 times) 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Re: What games would you like to see get trans
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2012, 09:33:48 AM » by KingMike
I thought Mario & Wario was English already?
IP Logged

« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2012, 08:17:54 PM » by Killmore Insta-death spell level 2.
Popful Mail (The SCD version was translation but it's quite different from the SNES version)
I... wait, there's an SNES version too?

I knew about the original PC-98 version, and the SCD port, and the TurboCD port, but... somehow the SNES port escaped my notice.

What is it with classic Falcom games and running on every system under the sun, anyways?

That was during their period of trying to get a footing out in the west, which brought about such gems as Ys III.

Then again they're currently trying to put their Legend of Heroes series out on mobile devices and Steam, so I guess it applies to more than just the classics.

Anyways wasn't the SegaCD version one of the higher quality versions anyways (despite it also being one of the few to still use flipped sprites for Mail and co rather than individual sprites for facing left and facing right.)?
IP Logged

« Reply #197 on: April 29, 2012, 01:32:15 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I don't know if it was one of the BETTER ones, but I know it was the only version available in english.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #198 on: April 29, 2012, 01:12:47 PM » by Samurai Sam
I think the Sega CD version is considered the best, although I actually prefer the music of the SNES version.

backloggery.com/samuraisam
IP Logged

« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2012, 09:16:46 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I rarely deal in absolutes and outrights, but I can say with almost complete certainty that I will *never* work on the SNES Popful Mail title. It uses a similar engine to Ys 5, where every area is compressed with its event code and text - and its event code is mostly assembly with assembly pointers to the text and between the text at that. It's really, really, really nasty stuff.

IP Logged

« Reply #200 on: May 02, 2012, 06:29:03 PM » by dmol21
How about Magical Vacation for GBA?  I know a lot of people are dying to see it translated because it is one of the few games by Brownie Brown outside of their work on the Mana series.  Also, it is WAY better than Sword of Mana and, in my opinion, the most beautifully rendered game ever made for the GBA. 

I'm not sure of any particular reason why it hasn't already been hacked, but it has been translated to a limited degree in the form of a wiki.  I just wish there was a translation of the story and not just the basic menus, etc.
IP Logged

« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2012, 11:40:05 AM » by kitestar92
I thought Mario & Wario was English already?
actually not to my knowledge...
IP Logged

« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2012, 11:58:25 AM » by Samurai Sam
The Japanese version of Mario & Wario is entirely in English. There isn't much text in the game anyway.

backloggery.com/samuraisam
IP Logged

« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2012, 03:22:33 AM » by Crok425
Since SMT If... is getting translated... I would like Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei which has Megami Tensei I & II and I think it would be easier to patch since it's on the SNES instead of the NES, but I say ''I think'' so that's just speculation, I know nothing of ROM hacking.
IP Logged

« Reply #204 on: June 07, 2012, 12:52:03 PM » by Arminius
Lately I've noticed all the games I yearned for a translation had it already, I've so much playing to catch up with that I feel lost.

Yet from the depths of my memory came an awesome obscure game that remains Japanese only. It's called 'Linda cube again', a PS1 remake from a PC Engine title. It's in the format of an old school RPG yet with innovative features such as capturing monsters, with some funny (sometimes gory) anime cutscenes here and there. Also Noah's ark.

I played it as a kid at my buddy's house, without having a clue of what was going on all the time. Anyone else know it? It's rare I find anyone who knows this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFT0I8TVPx0&feature=relmfu
IP Logged

« Reply #205 on: July 01, 2012, 04:57:14 PM » by jammermon
Hey, Gideon Zhi... what game are you going to be working on after you are done with shin megami tensei IF?
IP Logged

« Reply #206 on: July 02, 2012, 12:31:32 AM » by kefeinzel
Re: thread topic, SNES tokimeki memorial
IP Logged

« Reply #207 on: July 06, 2012, 11:13:25 PM » by orochii
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:49:28 PM by orochii »
One Romancing SaGa 2 to go please.
Edit: I know it is already between the current projects, but I don't know what happened to it. It is on 5% since the first time I visited this site (and I came back lots of times, because some of the games I love the most were translated by you guys!).
IP Logged

« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2012, 06:25:18 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
One Romancing SaGa 2 to go please.
Edit: I know it is already between the current projects, but I don't know what happened to it. It is on 5% since the first time I visited this site (and I came back lots of times, because some of the games I love the most were translated by you guys!).

Someone isn't following me on twitter.

IP Logged

« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2012, 09:04:15 AM » by kitestar92
there was one game that a lot of people wanted translated and i believe it was the megadrive game surging aura i dunno if anyone was working on it but if it was they prolly cancelled it
IP Logged

(Read 125349 times) 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Jump to: