The Pantheon
August 04, 2020, 04:22:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: What games would you like to see get trans  (Read 181764 times)
DDay
Initiate

« on: January 04, 2008, 07:16:29 PM »

I thought  this would be a nice place to make a topic about what games you would like to see  be translated but I also would like a good reason why you think it should be translated and how you found out about it. I’ll start (and hopefully this would be in the right spot for this and not against the rules which I don‘t think it is).

The game I would pick would be a game that started with the Super Famicom system and worked it’s way up to the present day and it’s called Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū, but I’m really talking about it’s spin off games Power Pro Kun Pocket ( GBC,GBA and DS). I try high and low to find a translation of this game but to no avail.

What made me get  in to this game was a mindless and random Rom downloading spree for the GBA plus I saw the box art and it seem to be something I would like. So I booted up the Rom and randomly picked Success Mode which was in Japanese and I fell in love with the series. I play the game using a lot of save states. Since a lot things were random and multiple choice, I had to save like crazy because nothing was in English other than my Success Mode character (which I named BTW) and I don’t Japanese. What sparked my interest for this game again was a spin off that finally made it’s way to the US which is called MLB Power Pros.

Maybe the Biggest reason Is it would be the first Translation for this game.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:19:58 PM by DDay » IP Logged
Sume Gai
Bishop

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 08:01:02 PM »

I hope you aren't trying to propose AGTP projects (even if Gideon accepted/approved he's got enough on his plate for now)

however if you mean official translations I'm sure 75% of this board would agree that SRT:OGs for the PS2 should be brought over

if really need to know I started playing the SRT/SRW when I got OG 1 for the GBA and have loved the series ever since.

as for reasons OGs is a remake of OG 1 and 2 with spiffy graphics ans a few nice cutsences; plus did I mention JAM Project is awesome
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 08:07:02 PM by Sume Gai » IP Logged

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
JayBee
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 09:01:56 PM »

OGs isn't bad, but I'd prefer OG Gaiden, what with it being genuinely new content.
And Alpha 2 and 3. Pin those on alongside Gid's current work on Alpha and Alpha Gaiden and complete the subseries.
That and GAGAGA GAGAGA GAOGAIGAR!

Oh. And Metal Wolf Chaos.
The fact that it never came to the US is one of the great crimes of the modern era. Because I am the president of the great United States.
IP Logged

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sume Gai
Bishop

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 09:10:22 PM »

Because I am the president of the great United States.

Jaybee don't lie we all know you're not stupid
IP Logged

Dsvaun
Cleric

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 10:38:09 PM »

OGs isn't bad, but I'd prefer OG Gaiden, what with it being genuinely new content.
I just saw of video of it.  I must say it is interesting.  There is one particular unit in the game  that is interesting.
NEO GRANZON!!!
IP Logged
JayBee
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 10:38:30 PM »

Because I am the president of the great United States.

Jaybee don't lie we all know you're not stupid
But I have a kickass robot with lots of guns. And a hot secretary. And I'm going to save America by blowing up a large portion of it in a spruced-up version of Armored Core. And the reason is because I am the president of the great United States.

Seriously, the game is awesome by most counts.
IP Logged

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gideon Zhi
Archmagus
Cleric

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 03:22:03 AM »

It's also mostly in English already anyway. The only real Japanese is the interface, and anyone with a decent grasp of katakana and an adventurous spirit can wade through that. (I did.)
IP Logged

Ianator
Bishop

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 03:39:50 AM »

RICHAAARD!!!

...Sorry, just had to.
IP Logged

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
DairuggerXV
Initiate

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 06:11:18 AM »

OGs and OG Gaiden are pretty high up there on the "please release officially" list.

The SD Gundam G Generation games also make the cut.
IP Logged
JayBee
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 08:04:20 PM »

It's also mostly in English already anyway. The only real Japanese is the interface, and anyone with a decent grasp of katakana and an adventurous spirit can wade through that. (I did.)
That's not the point. :P

Besides, you're talking to someone that waded through most of a Super Robot Wars game with NO grasp of any of it. I've never let a menu scare me before.

I'm just saying.... Someone needs to do a menu hack.
IP Logged

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andrew
Bishop

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 08:30:08 PM »

I Want Mystic Ark to get finished. I have been waiting for a while, and I want to play that game.
IP Logged

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
Sume Gai
Bishop

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 09:02:49 PM »

be careful with that kind of talk Andrew
IP Logged

Andrew
Bishop

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 11:08:43 PM »

My apologies. I did not mean to offend Gideon Zhi. Sorry if I sounded impatient.
IP Logged

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
JayBee
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 12:30:38 AM »

Naw. We're just worried you'll delay it longer.
One month per request is the rule, I believe.
IP Logged

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TCM
Acolyte

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 07:04:41 AM »

OGs and OG Gaiden are pretty high up there on the "please release officially" list.

The SD Gundam G Generation games also make the cut.

This.
IP Logged

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: