what games would you like to see get trans

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: What games would you like to see get trans

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 771 Members, Latest Member: BlueWizard

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 132614 times) [1] 2 3 ... 17

What games would you like to see get trans
« on: January 05, 2008, 12:16:29 AM » by DDay
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 12:19:58 AM by DDay »
I thought  this would be a nice place to make a topic about what games you would like to see  be translated but I also would like a good reason why you think it should be translated and how you found out about it. I’ll start (and hopefully this would be in the right spot for this and not against the rules which I don‘t think it is).

The game I would pick would be a game that started with the Super Famicom system and worked it’s way up to the present day and it’s called Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū, but I’m really talking about it’s spin off games Power Pro Kun Pocket ( GBC,GBA and DS). I try high and low to find a translation of this game but to no avail.

What made me get  in to this game was a mindless and random Rom downloading spree for the GBA plus I saw the box art and it seem to be something I would like. So I booted up the Rom and randomly picked Success Mode which was in Japanese and I fell in love with the series. I play the game using a lot of save states. Since a lot things were random and multiple choice, I had to save like crazy because nothing was in English other than my Success Mode character (which I named BTW) and I don’t Japanese. What sparked my interest for this game again was a spin off that finally made it’s way to the US which is called MLB Power Pros.

Maybe the Biggest reason Is it would be the first Translation for this game.
IP Logged

Re: What games would you like to see get t
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 01:01:02 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 01:07:02 AM by Sume Gai »
I hope you aren't trying to propose AGTP projects (even if Gideon accepted/approved he's got enough on his plate for now)

however if you mean official translations I'm sure 75% of this board would agree that SRT:OGs for the PS2 should be brought over

if really need to know I started playing the SRT/SRW when I got OG 1 for the GBA and have loved the series ever since.

as for reasons OGs is a remake of OG 1 and 2 with spiffy graphics ans a few nice cutsences; plus did I mention JAM Project is awesome

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

Re: What games would you like to see get trans
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 02:01:56 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
OGs isn't bad, but I'd prefer OG Gaiden, what with it being genuinely new content.
And Alpha 2 and 3. Pin those on alongside Gid's current work on Alpha and Alpha Gaiden and complete the subseries.
That and GAGAGA GAGAGA GAOGAIGAR!

Oh. And Metal Wolf Chaos.
The fact that it never came to the US is one of the great crimes of the modern era. Because I am the president of the great United States.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 02:10:22 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Because I am the president of the great United States.

Jaybee don't lie we all know you're not stupid

IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 03:38:09 AM » by Dsvaun
OGs isn't bad, but I'd prefer OG Gaiden, what with it being genuinely new content.
I just saw of video of it.  I must say it is interesting.  There is one particular unit in the game  that is interesting.
NEO GRANZON!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 03:38:30 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Because I am the president of the great United States.

Jaybee don't lie we all know you're not stupid
But I have a kickass robot with lots of guns. And a hot secretary. And I'm going to save America by blowing up a large portion of it in a spruced-up version of Armored Core. And the reason is because I am the president of the great United States.

Seriously, the game is awesome by most counts.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 08:22:03 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
It's also mostly in English already anyway. The only real Japanese is the interface, and anyone with a decent grasp of katakana and an adventurous spirit can wade through that. (I did.)

IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 08:39:50 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
RICHAAARD!!!

...Sorry, just had to.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 11:11:18 AM » by DairuggerXV
OGs and OG Gaiden are pretty high up there on the "please release officially" list.

The SD Gundam G Generation games also make the cut.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 01:04:20 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
It's also mostly in English already anyway. The only real Japanese is the interface, and anyone with a decent grasp of katakana and an adventurous spirit can wade through that. (I did.)
That's not the point. :P

Besides, you're talking to someone that waded through most of a Super Robot Wars game with NO grasp of any of it. I've never let a menu scare me before.

I'm just saying.... Someone needs to do a menu hack.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 01:30:08 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
I Want Mystic Ark to get finished. I have been waiting for a while, and I want to play that game.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 02:02:49 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
be careful with that kind of talk Andrew

IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 04:08:43 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
My apologies. I did not mean to offend Gideon Zhi. Sorry if I sounded impatient.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 05:30:38 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Naw. We're just worried you'll delay it longer.
One month per request is the rule, I believe.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 12:04:41 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
OGs and OG Gaiden are pretty high up there on the "please release officially" list.

The SD Gundam G Generation games also make the cut.

This.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

(Read 132614 times) [1] 2 3 ... 17
Jump to: