what games would you like to see get trans

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: What games would you like to see get trans

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10991 Posts, 531 Topics, 745 Members, Latest Member: Shakku

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 121815 times) 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Re: What games would you like to see get t
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2008, 11:56:29 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
I find myself wishing someone would translate Double Moon Densetsu, personally. I seem to remember an attempt at one point that basically crashed and burned.

iirc bongo was the one working on it
IP Logged

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2008, 12:09:13 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I find myself wishing someone would translate Double Moon Densetsu, personally. I seem to remember an attempt at one point that basically crashed and burned.

iirc bongo was the one working on it

Doesn't matter WHO was working on it, the fact remains that they stopped after a beta version.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

Re: What games would you like to see get trans
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2008, 04:56:57 PM » by LGB I hate footsoldiers
Now that I think about it, there are a few more things I would like to see.

Recently, I found a game called Boukou Danshaku Don - The Lost Sunheart, a PC-Engine shooter. It's one of those weird shooters that has this elaborate story with a ton of cutscenes, but entirely in Japanese. Kinda like Gleylancer. Now that I think about it, you can even turn off the story part of the game like in Gleylancer.

I would also like to know if anyone would care to translate Down Load and Down Load 2, two other PC-Engine shooters (the latter is a PC-E CD game). They are two of my most favorite shooters of all those known to man, no matter how simplistic they may be.

They're shooters, so they don't have as much text as say, an RPG. Might be worth your time.

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.
IP Logged

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2008, 07:50:01 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I don't normally take requests. However, you've mentioned games I've never heard of, and I've never tackled a PCE game, so it might be an interesting challenge.

This isn't to say that I'm *accepting* a request, mind. You've simply piqued my interest.

IP Logged

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2008, 10:00:38 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Here's another one. Anyone ever heard of Earth Light and Earth Light - Luna Strike? They're SNES SRPGs that look sorta like Advance Wars with mecha. I just found the ROMs by random chance, but naturally, I can't understand a word of it. It's surprisingly text-heavy for a game with a chibi robot on the title screen of the first one.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2008, 05:30:33 PM » by LGB I hate footsoldiers
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 05:40:19 PM by LGB »
I don't normally take requests. However, you've mentioned games I've never heard of, and I've never tackled a PCE game, so it might be an interesting challenge.

This isn't to say that I'm *accepting* a request, mind. You've simply piqued my interest.
That's all well and good. If you really took requests, I don't think this thread would even be here.

Edit: That reminds me, this thread technically breaks rule number 3.

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.
IP Logged

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2008, 06:08:54 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
Here's another one. Anyone ever heard of Earth Light and Earth Light - Luna Strike? They're SNES SRPGs that look sorta like Advance Wars with mecha. I just found the ROMs by random chance, but naturally, I can't understand a word of it. It's surprisingly text-heavy for a game with a chibi robot on the title screen of the first one.
yeah it does look interesting I only have Luna Strike I found it back when I was looking for Danzarb ;)
IP Logged

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2008, 09:19:53 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I picked them both up off ROMNation during my search for a RotTK4 ROM that actually worked. I'm intrigued by the look of it, and I could probably play it to some extent like most can play an untransed SRW game, but it drives me up the wall to not know the story.

IP Logged

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2008, 05:28:06 PM » by andwhyisit
Keitai Denjuu Telefang for GB

It has had a shitty engrish bootleg translation for far too long.
IP Logged

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2008, 02:27:03 AM » by Parrotshake
I third (fourth?) Moon: Remix RPG Adventure.

For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's the first game by Lovedelic, a company formed in the mid-to-late 90s by a bunch of ex-Square guys, who went on to make 3 (moslty great) games and then break off into 3 separate companies.... the most famous, I guess, would be Skip, who made Chibi Robo, which some of you no doubt know and love.

There's a great review of moon over at gamefaqs for anyone interested, as well as a full walkthrough in English (the latter put together by yours truly). It'd be great to see the game in English, because I think any RPG fan would love it. Funny, touching and whole lot of fun - I'm sure I'd like it more if I understood what the **** was going on half the time - though I doubt if it's possible for me to like it more.

It might be of interest to note that the ISO that's currenly doing the rounds has a glitch in it that won't allow you to complete a certain sidequest. I have an original copy of the game, if that means anything.
IP Logged

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2008, 02:55:08 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
It might be of interest to note that the ISO that's currenly doing the rounds has a glitch in it that won't allow you to complete a certain sidequest. I have an original copy of the game, if that means anything.
It means you should upload a better disk image. :D

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2008, 05:41:14 AM » by Parrotshake
Well, yeah :)

I've never done it and don't really know how.... can't be hard though, right? I'll get to it sometime soon.
IP Logged

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2008, 03:09:37 AM » by Viral
Super Robot Taisen D, man.  Nothing gets my fanboyism higher than gundams teaming up with Big O.

SHOW TIME! XD

Rawr
IP Logged

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2008, 06:38:56 AM » by Liana Lens Comrade
That Moon game looks awesome... If anyone hacks it, I might be game for the translation. I don't know much about PS emulation, though...

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2008, 06:48:31 PM » by Sir Fuzzi
Mostly the GBA SRTs, but that's probably a psychotic and over-the-top demand.

I guess, besides that, AGTP is already doing most of what I'd like to see- though I wouldn't mind seeing Tokimeki Memorial get a translation. I've heard it's fun.
IP Logged

(Read 121815 times) 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
Jump to: