what games would you like to see get trans

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: What games would you like to see get trans

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 118021 times) 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Re: What games would you like to see get trans
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2008, 11:30:12 PM » by Parrotshake
That Moon game looks awesome... If anyone hacks it, I might be game for the translation. I don't know much about PS emulation, though...

A guy I've been in contact with has started a first pass translation - I'm taking play-through screenshots for him and will probably do the final edit if it gets that far - and he's asked me to put out some feelers for someone to help out. If you're interested at all, check out his site: http://www.sennue.com/en/moon/
or email me: captain.parrot@gmail.com. The project is in it's VERY early stages, but it'd be awesome to have a finished script at some point to shop around for someone to hack the ROM and insert it.
IP Logged

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2008, 09:07:05 PM » by bakana
One game I was surprised to find hasn't yet been translated is "Marvelous: Another Treasure Island" ("Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajim").

It's the first game designed by Eiji Aonuma, who is now the director of the Zelda games.  It's really excellent, a little like Link to the Past, but with more of a puzzle focus, and with a party of three boys who each have slightly different skills.

It's one of the many late, great SNES adventures/RPGS touted in Nintendo Power's 'Epic Center' section only to NEVER see the light of day Stateside...
IP Logged

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2008, 07:54:58 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Personally, I'm still patiently waiting for Metal Max 2. Seems hacking it isn't too easy, according to what I read... somewhere. The more recent DS game (Metal Saga: Hagane no Kisetsu) looks pretty neat as well, but I haven't seen any interest on it, so I'm not keeping my hopes up for a translation.
IP Logged

« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2008, 11:37:49 PM » by ChrisABlair
Any of the SD Gundam Games on the Wnderswan, or Knight Gundam Monogatari on SNES. They seem simple enough to translate

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2008, 08:45:44 PM » by KingMike
Knight Gundam Story for SNES?
Been waiting about six years for a translation.
At this rate, I may have to translate the script myself. It'll suck though.
(I've handled the hacking work long ago.)
IP Logged

« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2008, 01:37:58 AM » by ChrisABlair
Y'know, that'd be awesome

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

Re: What games would you like to see get t
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2008, 02:13:52 AM » by Rexcowbam
It's absolutely ****ing criminal that Moon: RPG Remix Adventure never got a US release. If anything absolutely NEEDS and english translation, it's this game.
IP Logged

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2008, 09:22:09 AM » by Speaker59
I would like to see the Cave-Story-like platformer HACK9 translated, and would in fact be willing to do the translation for it if someone else can get me a full text dump... and generally handle the patching part of the "translation patch" process.

I read about it right here in the Pantheon, and the thing has a cool plot, excellent gameplay, and a very interesting twist on Cave Story's gameplay through an increased emphasis on close-quarters combat.  All the strongest weapons take MP, which is finite (though enemies often drop 1-MP restorers); because of the way your enemies get stunned when hit, your best bet is often to grab a sword and hack away at close range instead.

I'm nearly done with the game, and have good notes throughout, including a terrible ASCII map.  Oh, also, there's a wiki for it:
http://wikiwiki.jp/hack9/

But yeah, I'd be glad and eager to do the translation for this!
IP Logged

« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2008, 12:46:49 PM » by BadChad
Hey everyone!

Ive been lurking here for a year or two now and decided to join today. It was awesome to see the new progress on some of the ongoing projects.

Id love to see Ys V get finished since its the project Im most excited for right now, and it seems so close to complettion. Im guessing theirs a bit of issues.

IP Logged

« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2008, 09:48:35 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I found an adorable Zelda clone for the X68000 called Etoile Princess.
http://www2.plala.or.jp/yasinoue/oldgame/etpri.html

It's a blast. But it'd be more of a blast if I knew what was going on.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2008, 08:01:29 PM » by Ash Rudel aka Blackjack
Getter Robo Daikessen!
Why, cause it's Getter Robo only SRW.
plus it has a gattai mini game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Io31qXPIkw

Obachan said this.....My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.
IP Logged

« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2009, 12:20:03 PM » by fishinsoup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-QoaR0gUyg A great game by Falcom (the same who made Ys series). This is an unheard game named ZWEI II (funny name) for PC and it seems pretty good guality game. Also wonder what's happening with Legend of sword and fairy and Legend of heroes translation?
IP Logged

« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2009, 10:40:11 AM » by Badbufon -[DC]- headmaster º_º
Silent Hill : the Play Novel... GBA

[ Lion Fan I-I Guarlion Fan I-I Altelion Fan ]
      -> Jarana Mk II Custom Pilot <-
IP Logged

« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2009, 01:45:07 PM » by gamerk2
Right now, I really want SRW Aplha and LoE translated...Maybe SRW 2 as well, just for the sake of getting it done...

Once those are done, I can start pesting about Alpha 2 and 3 some more!
IP Logged

Re: What games would you like to see get t
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2009, 08:41:49 PM » by Viral
I would like to see the Cave-Story-like platformer HACK9 translated, and would in fact be willing to do the translation for it if someone else can get me a full text dump... and generally handle the patching part of the "translation patch" process.

I read about it right here in the Pantheon, and the thing has a cool plot, excellent gameplay, and a very interesting twist on Cave Story's gameplay through an increased emphasis on close-quarters combat.  All the strongest weapons take MP, which is finite (though enemies often drop 1-MP restorers); because of the way your enemies get stunned when hit, your best bet is often to grab a sword and hack away at close range instead.

I'm nearly done with the game, and have good notes throughout, including a terrible ASCII map.  Oh, also, there's a wiki for it:
http://wikiwiki.jp/hack9/

But yeah, I'd be glad and eager to do the translation for this!

Sounds neat, hopefully by years end you'll be finished :D

Rawr
IP Logged

(Read 118021 times) 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Jump to: