anyone else taken a crack at srwogg?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Anyone else taken a crack at SRWOGG?

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10949 Posts, 520 Topics, 749 Members, Latest Member: nabycoremy

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3659 times) [1]

Anyone else taken a crack at SRWOGG?
« on: January 05, 2008, 03:52:56 AM » by jolly_old_saint
Kinda disappointingly short. With a disappointing lack of newness. And they completely tease you with the guy from alpha 3 being there/doing nothing. And they took out Zengar's second BGM and gave him a weaker mode for seemingly no reason (Even as a gimmick, I still don't get why they did that).

Still....I've gotta say, the fist of the north bots made up for everything. I walked away verily satisfied. Just goes to show how damned good Banpresto is...they know JUST how much awesome they need to put in a game for it to work. Hell, there was hardly anything that wasn't in 2.5....but I still somehow came out satisfied. How in the hell do they do that?!

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

Re: Anyone else taken a crack at SRWOGG?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 11:20:34 AM » by DairuggerXV
They've been at it a very long time and know what works based on experience.

As for myself, I'm awaiting tax returns (I should be getting some back) because I need to replace the PS2 I play imports on. I'll order it the same time I order the new import machine... That said there was one reason for me to expect awesomeness from this game: Excellence Eternal Frame.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 11:26:37 PM » by jolly_old_saint
Yeah, those wacky frames be well named. Though I think Raul's ability to cut the damn sky in half doesn't do quite as much damage as it should...

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 12:27:10 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Yeah, those wacky frames be well named. Though I think Raul's ability to cut the damn sky in half doesn't do quite as much damage as it should...
It's Squaresoft syndrome.

They seem to have the best-known overkill.

Let's be honest, Xenogears had a spell that DESTROYED THE UNIVERSE... and did fair damage to a single enemy in the process.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 02:41:22 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight

Let's be honest, Xenogears had a spell that DESTROYED THE UNIVERSE... and did fair damage to a single enemy in the process.

If you're refering to Big Bang. It did fair damage to all enemies and could paralize them if they didn't survive and you got lucky.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 02:36:31 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.

If you're refering to Big Bang. It did fair damage to all enemies and could paralize them if they didn't survive and you got lucky.
Whooops.

Still... the point stands. :P

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 11:08:13 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
That said there was one reason for me to expect awesomeness from this game: Excellence Eternal Frame.

yeah but I still  dream of the day i can see a combo attack with both the Excellence Eternal Frame & Excellence Lightning Frame
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 11:40:42 AM » by DairuggerXV
If I made a list of the machines that I would like to have combo attacks, I'd be typing all day (and most of them are in OGG).
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 12:35:08 AM » by Badaro
That said there was one reason for me to expect awesomeness from this game: Excellence Eternal Frame.

<3 Fiona and the Eternal. Great mech, music and pilot. Not to mention it's pretty damn good gameplay-wise.

But I agree with the TC, the C3 mechs are the best things in this game. Hopefully they'll be back in future games, and I sure hope we'll have a chance to use the Mei and her Peirines.

-- Badaro
IP Logged

(Read 3659 times) [1]
Jump to: